New members of the Czech Republic forum, introduce yourself here

Hey Bobbie,

which TEFL did you choose? If it is not TEFL Worldwide Prague than I can help you with the visa process. If interested I can be reached here [email protected]

Vero

I am from Asset | Strategy & Logistics, a student association from Tilburg University representing the students that are interested in supply chain management and strategic management. This association is a sub-association of the second largest study association of Europe. Every year our association organises a study related trip abroad. This year we are going to Prague with a group of 21 students. We will be in Prague from May 2nd until May 9th, 2015. As part of our study trip we want to visit interesting companies. We would like to get in touch with (Dutch) expats who are willing to give us a tour or presentation in their company in Prague or in close proximity of Prague.

I am a trailing spouse, who likes to blog her adventures, a bit of a chuckle to yourself type analogy of the goings on in foreign places.  Loving living a nomadic life, with five countries in ten years, from the Middle East to Eastern Europe. Now at a stage where the little darlings are all grown up and have fled the nest.  Just me and himself!

HI;

My name is Al, living in Laguna Beach California. I am planing to make a 10 days trip to Prague in May 2015, and love to meet a few locals or Expat to receive more information to use them for my future move to Prague.

Hi Vero;

Are you going to be in Prague during month of May 2015?

hello All ,

as im new here , so i dont know even where to post !! but again im doing that here .

im from Egypt going to visit Czech after few days and looking for meeting new friends .
thanks  :)

Ahlan ya hagg! Welcome to Czech republic! Be amaze of those breathtaking historical castles around here. Mafish ahlan fi hayda balad. Helwa awe! Enjoy Bro.  :top:

Ohh, it is arabic , also Egyptian accent !  Where are you from ?

Marhab ya marhab akoya! Sabah al fol ya hag!  ;) I'm from Philippines. Nice to welcome you to Czech republic. Hope you enjoy your visit. Salemini ala kol nes bi masr. :)

:):):)  what an amazing Egyptian Arabic you are talking , incredible , seems you were born in Egypt   :lol::lol:

Hahaha, it just happened that I was well determined. And my curiosity pulled my heart to love learning this language. But it obviously drove me crazy. Such a difficult language to learn by myself. Lucky that I still have a young fresh brain to absorb it. Thanks anyways for your warm words bro. I do appreciate it a lot. Allah kalik!

Hello

I am new to expat 😀. My name is Michalis, I am from Cyprus , recently I start working in Prague.
I am looking forward to meet new people from other countries and different cultures.

Hi, I am Czech but living in London at the moment (have for 11 years) looking to relocate back to Prague in June. Will be looking for a room in a share house ideally with English speaking people so don't forget it. If you know about anything available let me know!
Also would like to make English speaking friends and I can offer teaching Czech too  ;)

Hi everyone!  My family just moved to Prague this past winter from  the United States and I am looking forward to meeting other English speaking families here. We have a 15 month old boy and girl and would love to meet other families for playdates/activites.  Looking forward to meeting!

Hi,

I am Martin, I lived in Ireland for 7 years; and in Bordeaux for a couple of months. I would like to find some English speaking and French speaking friends here....so if you would like to go for a pint and chat, feel free to let me know..:o)

Martin

Hi,

if you wish we can talk in English. However, just I am a bit tired and I need  go to bed. I will be here at 7pm
ZM

Hi all,
My name is Scott. I am a 26 year old from South Africa. I have a very long story but basically I would like to move to Prague at least for 1 year, perhaps longer. I am very keen for people to give me some advise or to meet up, I have recently finished my 150 hour TEFL course and I am a native English speaker. Saw the thread about visa's, that would also really help me. I would also much appreciate any job advice, I know it is asked a lot.
Anyway, hope all are well.
Cheers,
Scott

hi everybody
want to meet some Algerians in prague
s il ya des Algeriens a prague
merci

Hello all

I am a dutch businessman  spending 60% of my time  in vysocina czech republic working for a ducth company helping our czech company grow up
Because of my busy day's i have almost no time to find the right female partner
I am hoping to get in contact with some intresting people thrue this Expat.com

Greetings to all expats

hi everyone. I am a 52 year old male from Florida in the United States. I had a brain tumor surgery in September that left me blind on my left side so I cannot drive a car anymore. I originally plan to move to Prague because it was located in the middle of Europe and was easy access to travel to different countries in Europe. when I lost my vision Prague seems to be the best place because of the easy transit system.I have come to Prague for 3 months to see if I like it. I have been here 5 days and so far so good. I will be returning the United States in November. from September 2 November I plan to travel to Bucharest Romania, Odessa Ukraine, Warsaw Poland, Berlin Germany, Amsterdam, it somewhere on the coast To Catch a cruise back to the United States. I would like to meet new friends in trouble that is my reason for being here.

hey, m in czech

Hello  I am intersed in coming to Czech for studies will u guide me?

Hello!

I have plans to move and live in Czech Republic and would like more informations about the country or cities.

Hi all. I'm an American who's been traveling and teaching in SE Asia for the last few years. I've heard so many great thing about Prague and CR, I've decided to check it out. I'll be arriving in late Aug / early Sep and I plan to stay for 2-3 months. What options do I have for living arrangements? How much would an apt cost? Thanks!

Hi, all
I am retired Australian and I want to move permanently to Prague. I'he just started the research and would like to have some help, probably, to hear from anyone who did it recently.
Visa, process, helpful links.... Anything would be great
Thank you

You're from the U.S.?

@Chelseafrank: If you're asking me, yes, I'm from the US.

No, I am originally from Russia, but am australian citizen for 23 years

Hi all,
My name is mohsen, I am visiting PhD student from University of Tehran-Persia (Iran) and I just moved about a month ago to Plachky University in Olomouc -Czech Republic. I hope to make some good friends.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Mohsen
++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Thank you for welcoming me to Expat.comging. I have yet to visit Czech Republic, though I have wanted to go there on holiday in the past, but never quite made it. When I read the guide books they often speak of difficult issues with finding decent accommodation, and adumbrate the pitfalls where rental contracts are concerned . . . So: any advice from bloggers on such topics would be a help. Basically, I would like to try living there for a year or so, as I did in Madrid a few years ago: again, also as an English language trainer/tutor. I am an artist and a writer, so I prefer the contemplative life, and would simply like to see what Prague, or Pilsen, or wherever, have to offer the curious, mature citizen of Europe. (Even though Scotland is only, as it were, partially inside the EU --which many of us regret, because most Scots are actually internationalists at heart!)
Any thoughts, advice, warnings, anecdotes greatly appreciated.
Jack

Hi Czech,

I'm planning to move to Brno in last week of October looking for accommodation for couple of months. Long term visa got approved .

Currently staying in India .

Can I travel from India to Vienna then take bus from Vienna airport to Brno ?
Do we need any other visas to travel this route .
I

Hello every body ...how r u ??? I am from Nepal i want study bachelor in czech republic ..how could i full fill my dream  help me

shulabh wrote:

Hello every body ...how r u ??? I am from Nepal i want study bachelor in czech republic ..how could i full fill my dream  help me

:offtopic:

A reminder that this topic is for personal introductions please.  Questions related to expat life in Czech Republic should be posed in appropriate topics.

Thanks

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Expat Advisors Team

Hello everybody, let's get acquainted.  :)  My name is Tat'jana and I've just relocated from Russia to the Czech Republic after long, long procedures and endless waitings. But here I am at last and I am hapy and full of new ideas and expectations for a happy new life. Welcome everyone - who has a wish :) - to contact me!

Hi, im czech girl living in prague. I would like to meet some english speaking friends here;) N.

Hi,
I'm living in Egypt. working as a Developer in one of the biggest national newspaper in the middle-east "Akhbar El Yom".
But the most important that's, I'm a very good drawer , I have been interesting in 3D since 1998, Because of that, I have studied game development, and that's what's make me a better programmer. my dream is to make a game with a good visual arts like final fantasy. I felt in love with the architecture of Prague. I would like to work  or visit it sometimes and have the chance to draw it. and live in a beautiful place like this.

Ahoj,
im 22 years old guy boy living and born in Prague.
I am looking for new friends. My main goal is to improve my english a bit :).
We can Czech out some pubs, places and much more. Let me know if someone is interested. ;)

Hello ,
My Name is Neeraj, i live and work in INDIA . i am planning to study for my masters at VSE(university of economics, Prague) in September 2016.
Here to know more about living and studying in Prague .

Ciao!
My name is Gustavo, i accidentally fell in love with Prague and i recently moved here from Italy. I visited this beautiful city about 6 times before and I arrived 2 days ago.
I must confess i feel a little lost, but i think it's part of the moving abroad thing. Strange but true, back in Italy I volunteered for a few years with an erasmus student association, helping young students from all over the world to find a house, to get used to the new culture they were about to face, and to deal with the daily issues that living in a new country implies. Well, i guess now it's my turn. No idea what kind of documents i need, what kind of phone company i should choose for my mobile phone, or what bank account i should open and so on. I'm also looking for a job that matches my skills and expectations as  creative graphic designer, but I guess learning czech as soon as possible is the only solution, although I already speak fluently 3 languages.
Anyways... I just dropped by to share my experience as a 'freshman' in Prague and for a quick 'hello' to everybody.

We will speak soon, and i will keep you updated with what happens next.
Ciao a tutti,
Gustavo.

Hi everyone,

I am new here and currently living in Czech Republic. I am from Indonesia. I am married to Czech citizen with one three year old daughter, and I am looking for a job. I have a Bachelor degree in Education (teaching English as a Foreign Language) and experienced in teaching (adult and young learners). I also experienced working for a humanitarian organization.

I am so happy to register myself here so I have something to do. :D

I would love to learn French and Czech in exchange for Indonesian (I taught in some Indonesian language classes before - beginner level) if anyone is interested. I am not just native, I know 'basic' grammar and how to teach Indonesian and I know how my language works.

Closed