Moving to Durban!

Hi

Just a quick introduction as I'm new on the site.

I am Welsh, currently living in London with my South African boyfriend. We have been together for four years and have taken the big decision to move to Durban (he's from Jo'Burg).

I have soooo many questions and have found the forum really helpful so far!

For anyone that is in Durban and wants to befriend me, please say hello!!

Louise

Hi

I moved here from UK last year - any questions you may have let me know.  Durban is a fantastic city and the people here have been great and very welcoming. 

When are you hoping to move out here and do you know where you will be living in Durban?

Welcome to Expat-blog Louise and Karen! :)

Hi Christine and Karen, thanks for your messages.

Karen, I'd love to hear more about Durban, I've only been there for a couple of days so I've not got much to go on! We're going to be staying Ballito way somewhere. Where do you live?

Having moved from the UK to SA, how has the change in safety issues affected you? That's the only real thing that's worrying me! Other than that, I'm very excited.

Out of interest, what visa did you go out on? I'm hoping to get a Life Partner Visa but I'm finding it difficult to get exact information about what I need. I can't really afford the £600 that the immigration agents want to charge me!

Have you managed to get a job or do you run your own business?

Sorry to ask so many questions!!

I'd love a proper chat on Skype if that's possible? Are we able to send each other our Skype names without revealing them to the world?!

Louise

Hello to everyone,

My name is Oana, I am Romanian currently living in Turkey, but with high possibilities of moving to Durban till end of this year (due to my husband's work).

Any info related to safety and health system is more than appreciated. I am 5 month pregnant and wondering if to deliver here, and then to move to SA or how is better for us.

Any advice and suggestions are welcomed.

Nice meeting u

Hello,

Came across this site and your note.

Im orginally from the UK, I have been living in South Africa for 20 years. 

My boyfriend is living in Durban, I am hoping to move there asap as a long distance relationship isn't the best thing.

I decided to try and meet new people and build a circle of friends.

Its quiet daunting moving to a new city not actually knowing anyone.

When are you moving?

Joanne:)

I need to do business with people in Turkey. Any Ideas ?

Do durban have International Airport? How do I get to Durban?

Hi Louise.
Like yourself I am Also from Wales originally Cardiff born. Spent many years living here in and around the Jo Burg area but left early 96 due to the uncertainty facing the country at that time. I came back to Durban last year January and fell in love with South Africa all over again. I had to leave in June due to issues I was having getting my SA id book sorted. But flew back here a month ago. Currently living in Umhlanga with my wife and two boys aged 11 and 9.I would love to catch up at some point it would be lovely to meet with a few fellow brits..

Kind Regards
Ian