17 year old needing friends

Hi I have just moved here and my 17 year old step daughter came with us, but is not going to college and is finding it hard to make friends to do things with.. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received
Thanks guys
Gemma

Hi there,
I would suggest her joining some cultural club, dancing activity or sport club, or something of the sort, or maybe even better take some kind of educational course where young people would be, etc.
It shouldn't be that hard, I think she'll be getting herself invited here and there in no time.
Wish her luck

Is she looking for work because that's a great at of meeting others :)
If not there are some meetup groups that you can go to various events of you search for Malta meet ups on Google

Gemjay wrote:

Hi I have just moved here and my 17 year old step daughter came with us, but is not going to college and is finding it hard to make friends to do things with.. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received
Thanks guys
Gemma

I'm almost her age, if she wants a friend contact me

Hi Gemjay and everyone else,
Our organisation (www.movemalta.org) is planning a night hike towards the end of the month. If interested, drop me a line, either here or via the website online form.
Regards,
Charlo

Why doesn't she create a profile here on ExpatBlog and posts a thread inviting people for a coffee? :)

Will's Friends is a cultural group which organizes lots of activities. It felt to me like a protected group where people were nice but not intruding/invasive/abusing. Their headquarters is in Sliema: facebook.com/groups/willsfriendsexpats/

Couchsurfing has a huge user database, regular events and there's always someone available. There are also profiles she can go through to try and select who she meets: - couchsurfing.com/

And I totally agree with Mike44: if she becomes active in whatever sports and activities she enjoys, she'll meet tons of people in no time - filtered based on her interests :) Win-win!

Hi Gemjay,

I have a 16 (almost 17 yr old) and an 18 yr old. Both girls. We live in St Julians. It is difficult for for teenagers to make friends especially if they are foreigners. let me know if you would like the girls to meet for coffee/lunch etc.

Have a happy day
Linda

Hey ,

I recently moved a few months ago and am finding it difficult to find new people too ! im 18 years old too ! so let me know your daughter would like to chat or something :)

Thank you.

Good morning. My daughter's name is Caitlin Hogarth. You can add her on facebook and then you can arrange a meeting with her. She goes to st martins college sixth form. She can also add you on facebook so as to communicate with you.

okay great :) i have added her on facebook my names jessica :)