Bringing my cat to London. How to proceed?

Hello everyone,

I'm from Portugal but at the moment living the the Netherlands. My family although lives in London and I wanted to move there within the month of July. But I am a cat and I believe that through Ryanair, according to the Terms&Conditions they don't allow pets to travel in the airplane.

Can someone help me how to make the move?? Thank you so much!

Hello Sehanine

Please note that I created a new thread as from your post on the London forum to help you get better interactions since you participated on an old thread.

Regards
Kenjee

I answered similar question.
Ryanair are not permitted to import cats to the UK.
It's pretty complicated, and if you get it wrong you can end up with a dead cat. Look it up on UK gov website.

You have to get your pet a medical in order to get an international passport before it can travel anywhere. It can not go on ANY plane like a human would, it also can not go in the hold (baggage area) as it is not regulated for pressure or heat so you would have a cat icicle by the time you landed. I believe you would have to get it shipped to the UK on its own or travel with it, I may be wrong but that's what I did with my dog.

I rescued a cat in Italy after it had a near fatal
Accident so I decided to take it home I got its passport  stayed with it throughout its recovery as it was a 4 week old kitten so I  waited patiently and after much ado and over 1000 euro lighter annthat was vets bill I took it  from Florence to France in a couchette in a train I hired the whole thing lol then from Paris to Brussels then a ferry to the il the poor kitten was traumatised as I was and that was me trying to save money and letting a company fly I from rome false economy and if I had the time over id pay and meet my cat in the uk it's the quickest an better for the cat!  All well ends well I live her dearly and she is now 2 years old and hates the rain typically Italian! Good luck!  Get a company to fly it to the uk!