Moving to Canada, Informations needed!

Hello (Namaste) everyone,

I am Krishna from India, I am really serious about moving to Canada on PR, and would be travelling with my wife. We both have finished our Masters in Business Administration and both have 4 years of experience in logistics/ Supply chain/ Procurement (Government and Private  through tendering process), Financial accounting.

I wanted few inputs few inputs from members and experts regarding the following:-
1) How is the market for jobs in supply chain/logistics/logistics analyst?
2) How do i go about developing contacts?
3) We have no reservations about any particular place, we would like to settle anywhere we can get a job.
4) Are there any chances of getting a job being in India?
5) I have seen posts where many members say they haven't had the luck of obtaining a job even after migrating to Canada on FSW, how do i go about finding a job, as i am really bent upon settling in Canada for the love of its culture, weather and people.

I have recently spoke to a visa consultant in India, after initial evaluation he said i have around 340 points based on my experience and education qualifications and i can apply for PR as i have passed the score of 260 as required to apply for a PR under skilled migrant. But on asking him about details about:- a) What kinds of logistics jobs i can expect. b) what kinds of skills they would require and such other doubts, what i understood was he has no idea about the job profile and silently sent a copy of job list i can expect in Canada to my mail, which he copy pasted from some site which was evident. He was just trying to sell his idea and make me pay for the product called PR.
I am not clear about the market there, neither the so called consultant, he's very poor in his knowledge as compared, so i really need some help in understanding things better before i take a step further.

Thanks a lot:)
Have a great day.

Hello Krishna,

Welcome to the Canada forum. :)

I created a new thread from your post so that you may easily interact with members of this forum and hopefully gather some informations about all your queries.

Wish you good luck,
Bhavna

1) How is the market for jobs in supply chain/logistics/logistics analyst?

Use this link.
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wage-outlook_s … on=outlook
Type in the job type and read the prospects.
This is done by the Federal government of Canada through the Labour and also Stats department.

2) How do i go about developing contacts?

Just have to join networking events to expand your network. That's basically it. Nothing beats having your boots on the ground here as you can be there face to face.

3) We have no reservations about any particular place, we would like to settle anywhere we can get a job

I think with your kind of role and industry, you might be better off sticking with the major cities like Toronto/ Montreal/ Calgary/ Edmonton/ Vancouver. But never hurts to take a peak at the other mid sized cities.

4) Are there any chances of getting a job being in India?

Its hard to say. As long as you have something niche or specific skillsets, its going to be hard to even get noticed.

5) I have seen posts where many members say they haven't had the luck of obtaining a job even after migrating to Canada on FSW, how do i go about finding a job, as i am really bent upon settling in Canada for the love of its culture, weather and people.

Well, you do seem to have master the written language well as I can see from you writing. So you got that going for you. I am sure you got the spoken part covered as well. The next thing is hopefully the industry you are in is not a dying one. E.g. if you're in paper and pulp industry - that's bad. They're closing up factories here like a bush fire. But finding job is a job itself. You have to be extremely resourceful, keep on learning, and thick face.

I have recently spoke to a visa consultant in India, after initial evaluation he said i have around 340 points based on my experience and education qualifications and i can apply for PR as i have passed the score of 260 as required to apply for a PR under skilled migrant. But on asking him about details about:- a) What kinds of logistics jobs i can expect. b) what kinds of skills they would require and such other doubts, what i understood was he has no idea about the job profile and silently sent a copy of job list i can expect in Canada to my mail, which he copy pasted from some site which was evident. He was just trying to sell his idea and make me pay for the product called PR.
I am not clear about the market there, neither the so called consultant, he's very poor in his knowledge as compared, so i really need some help in understanding things better before i take a step further.

Try this immigration consultant,
http://www.wkeanic.ca/immigration/
He's a buddy of mine and a registered immigration consultant based in Toronto. His name is Anthony. It doesn't hurt to enquire. Otherwise you can also compare with http://www.wanassociates.com. I did mine with her. She's also based in Toronto. Also a registered immigration consultant.

Thanks a lot for the information Philipyeo. :)