Traffic Cam Issued Citations

I am very familiar with the game and how it's  played in America when it comes to contracting in the statutory law system and how to refuse it with things like this. But, here in Kuwait when the system is attempting theft against a person, who does one deal with? I've been charged with running a red light 6 months ago somewhere in Kuwait city I've just found out from my Kuwaiti father-in-law who found it on the ministry site. I've never done that in my life, wouldn't start doing it in Kuwait. The registration is in his name as I am here on Visit visa and he would never dream of contesting the system. It's what I do though. Can't let them get away with these things. There is absolutely no way anyone here could prove such a thing to be true. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Go to traffic dept. And ask for the photo.

what you need to keep in mind is that running a red light is what happens when you cross yellow sometimes; whereby the light was yellow when you crossed it but it turned red at the last second, thats usually a 50KD fine, locked in the system, you need to go to the DMV in shuwaikh and most of the time you're let off with a warning, if its a repeat offence they commandeer your licence for 3 months.

I would never park in a special needs parking lot. However, just last month a ticket was issued for me and I'm 110% sure I never committed this violation. Even the ticket slip was not left on my car (they normally leave this small yellow paper).

I decided that I will not let this one go. I will go ask for evidence and try my best to seek justice on this matter. I hope that I'll be able to share this info with you.

Thank you both very much for your help. This can not be allowed to happen. Thievery will not be tolerated. Please let me know how it goes for you justfedup. I will share my experience as well. Thanks again.

I was sitting still at a red light, I let my foot off of the brake and it rolled forward a few inches and I put my foot back on the brake but the camera flashed? I guess I will find out when I renew my registration.

Exactly 411! Land of less than even ok technology is trying to issue technology generated citation/complaints. The states can't pull it off for other reasons but there is no way this place should even be thinking about keeping this up...especially if they one day hope to have real tourists here. My goodness

Just received a message from Ministry of Interior that I have another traffic violation (red light) on 14th May at around 9:00 PM. I went back to my pictures and messages from that day (yeah, I went through them all) and found out that on that particular date at that particular time I wasn't even driving my car.

OK let's not get all shocked here. I suspect that my wife has committed that violation and didn't tell me about it. It's time for an internal investigation it seems. :)

So, it's lawful (not legal) to attach fines (theft) to vehicles and make assumption everytime that the registered name will be the surety? My father-in-law registered the vehicle I drive, so he instantly got pissed  assuming I had to be guilty and paid the 50KD ticket I was about to have dropped as it is not possible they are correct...he basically pleaded guilty to something he had nothing to do with, I had nothing to do with and is now damanding I pay him. My goodness, what are they up to here. A picture of a license plate proves absolutely nothing. I'm going to start going to the Ministry and shooting photos of random plates and start to present them with offers to contract for assumed crimes based on nothing. What a joke. Everytime you drive here the drivers are so awful you are living on the edge...and they have the audacity to steal from the good ones!

Make sure you have a translator with you! Most police officers never learned how to speak English. Go to the police station where you're supposed to pay the fine, and instead of paying, tell them you want a detailed report of the ticket. They should give you the details! Now I've never done that before, but I know as residents of the state of kuwait we all have rights they're obligated to give us, one of them includes the benefit of the doubt! Try this out and let us know what happens buddy. Good luck and take it easy.

wiilrock612 is it possible as JFU mentioned that someone else driving the car committed the violation and failed to mention it?

get the picture of the incident and there will be a tell-tale signature of who was in the drivers seat at the time.

I am the only person that drives that vehicle in Kuwait City. 100% sure of it. My wife won't go anywhere near there while driving, she's deathly afraid of the horrible drivers and doesn't know her way around. No one  else drives the vehicle ever. I will get the details on this and get to the bottom of it even though my father-in-law unwittingly paid for it. It won't  be happening again. Thanks for all the sharing on this thread. Let's keep it open!