Dummy Job offer for Visa

I have accepted a job offer as a teacher in Bahrain. I am now being asked to sign a document to enter on an admin visa.
This seems strange to me, but the school says it takes ages for approval and once that is there I will get the proper visa.
The other thing is that I am being asked to be there for the 17th August but the job does not start until the 1st September. This all seems rather strange and would like to hear what others think.
Thank you

hi,

It is a common thing in Bahrain that you come in a different visa. Once your here then the visa can be changed, but you have to make sure it happens as promised. The reason im guessing they may have asked you to come early just to make sure you settle down before the schools starts.

I am sure if others have more info regarding the same, they would reply back!

good luck

T&R

Hey dont worry its safe here visa is not a big issue in bahrain they might want u to come early and finish the visa and id card procedure as soon as possible and get ready for the job, and if u have any question wen u in bahrain always there to solve your queries.

Thanks

My husbands visa job title is totally different to what he actually does. It's a pure matter of what available visa's there are.

You have to come early as the teachers start school earlier for tours and training. Also you need to settle in to your new home and get used to the climate before being thrown in to the new regime of work

Thank you.

It is also good to get the details of the nearest British Embassy just in case you need their services.