EFL Teaching in Merida, Yucatan

Hola!

My husband and I are teachers looking to move to Merida with our baby in about January 2016.  We have a bit of money saved up so that we wouldn't immediately need to find work.  My Spanish is good, his is beginner level.

My questions are:

1.  How is the EFL job market in Merida, Yucatan?  I have one year experience teaching in Korea and my husband taught Latin in the public schools for 3 years in the US.  We both have undergraduate and graduate degrees, but not TEFL/CELTAs...yet.

2.  If we found EFL/ESL jobs there after entering the country, would we need to exit and re-enter with the new work visa?

3.  How are the sidewalks, because we're going to have a stroller much of the time.

4. Do we need a car to get around, or is bicycling a viable option for minor errands or commuting?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice!

Use a baby back pack instead of  stroller.   Use one in front for first four months and then on on your back. Saves all kinds of problems.

Without the tefl cert you would be limited yo teaching private classes.With the tefl and your college degree you are employable pretty much everywhere.With the correct visa I might add,if you are not a Mexican citizen.