I'M SO TOTALLY MOVING I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW SOON AND WHERE

My subject title is kind of an oxymoron isn't it? Moving but I don't know where...

To start off.. my name's Derrick. I am 26 years of age living right across from good ol' Manhattan.
Money center of the world. NYC. Over the past few years I started truly really thinking,
"What do I want to do with my life?" I want to be happy but imagining myself working for the next 40 years until retirement (I'm assuming) with only 7 holidays a year, is that really considered happiness?
Same routine day after day. I think I gave up already.

Over these past two years I have met Argentinians online and one day with the adrenaline just rushing through I said...  do it. It was a decision I would never regret. May 2014 I traveled out to Argentina and met many of my online friends. I had such a great time. I stayed in one of the poorest areas but the people were so humble and traditional. They were not rich but they were rich in heart. It was a very emotional trip for me and the family there that helped me out. It was a real blessing. Since that day I found myself where I wanted to be. Life was so simple.
I never even seen a toilet without a flush lever on it. I had to use a bucket filled with water to flush down the toilet lol
I loved it. I had to fly back and I did again this past January. I was so convinced I was going to move there and
start my family with a beautiful Argentinian girl, until I met her... Her name is Araceli.

She's from Paraguay and I had no intentions on falling for her since I was in love with Argentina but she was so sweet, humble and beautiful. We talk everyday and skype whenever possible. I am devoting a lot of my time with her and have the urge to visit Paraguay next year and possibly choose Asunción as my final stop of travels.

I have a couple of questions and I am sorry for writing a book but I suppose when you are passionate about something you really just go on and on.

I am in the Service Technicians Union for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R). Is this a trade that is prosperous out in the capital of Paraguay? I also speak spanish since I am half Panamanian and Dominican but born here so my main language is English.

I would also love to save more money but I want to leave as soon as possible once I reach my goal of 50,000 USD.
I want to start moving on with my life and start enjoying it before I become a crusty old man, rotten and used by the system that runs the show here in the states. I know I can't buy a house with 50,000 but for rent and normal expenses around the house, will 50,000 USD be enough to last me a year or two just in case I can't find work ?

I appreciate any answers or comments. I'm sorry to bore you guys to death! My intentions were to get straight to the point but as you can see, I went in a little deep.

God Bless!

Hello there,
Nice plan!  What I can tell you is that for air conditioning fitting you can expect about 30 bucks and that there are lots of opportunities in summer time (October - March).  During colder season sales are weaker (May / July).

I guess that much money 50k could last you up to 5 years if you leave in one of the neighboring cities around Asunción.  Your beloved one could even apply for a social housing plan in case you can prove certain level of income http://www.senavitat.gov.py/blog/programas/clase-media/

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply barrister_py !
Hopefully I can get a good job doing in house maintenance at a hospital or at a large facility.
I'll be traveling out there this upcoming summer! Can't wait  :)
Hopefully opening up a bank account won't be too much of a hassle for me!

My personal experience is that a good HVAC (oh hell who we kidding, drop the "H" as there isn't any "heating" really needed down here except for maybe 2 - 3 days a year) tech would be very busy as most of them here are shade tree technicians who are self taught or train under someone else who is.   We generally have to have each repair job done 2 or 3 times till it's really done right.   There have been some "techs" we've had recommended showing up with just a pocket full of tools and a smile.   I've learned that if they don't have at least a multimeter to just tell them "thanks but your not needed anymore as the unit is working fine now".   Most residential units have Split units, which I hadn't seen in the US but had in Europe, so if your not used to working on them, get trained up on them before heading down here.   Ship in your own tools to, if a HVAC tech has lots of specialized stuff (I have no idea).  PM me and I can tell you how to do that "the easy/cheap way" from the east coast.   If you want to get a lucrative (well what passes for that here) position with a large company doing corporate or large building HVAC work I would recommend hitting newspaper employment ads as I've seen HVAC work being advertised before.   Networking would be best though as the traditional way to find work here is to find a "friend of a friend" who knows someone who can get your foot in the door someplace.     For $50K you could find and buy a small house (or have one built on a lot) in one of the bedroom communities of Asuncion such as Luque, San Lorenzo, Capaita, etc…. and still have enough left over to pay your bills your first year.   As an example, some friends of ours from England just moved into a brand new house built in the city of Caacupe that they are renting for $200 a month.  And they can buy it during the lease for a purchase price of $24,000.  It's 2 bedroom, 1 bath, large US style kitchen/dining area, living room, patio, and fenced yard on a small lot in a nice neighborhood.  If they buy it they will have to add a couple of Splits and do some landscaping but for $200 a month they'll sit on it a while and consider other options.   That's good advice by the way, always rent or find something "temporary" here before sinking your life savings into a purchase as a "just off the boat newby".   Never forget your in the third world and you are viewed as a walking, talking ATM machine to many locals.  I know your starry eyed love affair and the "honeymoon" period of being here will negate many of your common sense brain cells initially, so just take a deep breath and count to ten before doing anything serious.  And remember that over 50% of all "expats" don't make it in their new home country till their first anniversary of arrival.   So good luck.

Hey I appreciate your reply Majbjb, You are totally correct.
A true technician will always have a meter. It's one of this trade's most important tools.
I don't see how I can do a repair without it unless it is a visual mechanical repair needed like something blew up but most often it is an electrical control problem.
I'm fine doing splits, I could work on them all day everyday haha I can install them on my own without too much hassle.
But I like doing commercial work instead as opposed to residential. I usual leave residential stuff for side jobs apart from my regular job.
Thanks for the advice on buying a home. The plan was to rent first and then buy but that is good to hear I can buy a home for the price of a new toyota corolla over here. I don't understand how homes are 450,000 over here even in New Jersey. The goal is to live comfortable, simple and happy not be in heaves of debt to the rich guy.
Thanks again!

Bad planning.
At no point you mention a trial fase... that might be a huge mistake, Who says you will enjoy the place, culture and particularities of the population?