PInoys Life in PNG

May I have an Idea how much the average salary for a filipino working as Vessel Security Manager at PNG?

Thank you so much in advance my fellows!

Regards.

Hello ii7,

While awaiting answers, you can still check in the forum categories about the following topics.
Cost of living in Papua New Guinea – 2015
Everyday life in Papua New Guinea
Working in Papua New Guinea

I hope you get an idea from members experiences.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Thanks Marjorie,

Are you there in PNG

Hello ii7,

No, I am in the Expat-Blog team  ;)

Cheers,
Marjorie

Good day to all Filipino's in PNG,

I'm Nelven a Civil Engineer from davao City,

There is a job (Autocad Operator) offering me of Hausman Building Solution Company base in Lae City and i search the place parang hindi sya masyadong progressive..hehehehe

Ok thanks Nelven. Do you use a software to come up with your bill of materials?

Now we go to the important part, your current package in the Philippines and what are your salary expectations. This would be a 3 year contract, yearly paid 4 weeks holiday, medical insurance, single contract, accommodation and transportation provided. Ito po yung offer s akin.

Marami bang Pilipino n nagtatrabaho don just in case matuloy ako para mayron akong makasama,.

Ok ba ang security nila just like here in davao.?

Hindi k pa alam magkano offer n salary s akin..

Kailangan k po ang help nyo para meyron po akong information...

Salamat

Nelven wrote:

Good day to all Filipino's in PNG,

I'm Nelven a Civil Engineer from davao City,

There is a job (Autocad Operator) offering me of Hausman Building Solution Company base in Lae City and i search the place parang hindi sya masyadong progressive..hehehehe

Ok thanks Nelven. Do you use a software to come up with your bill of materials?

Now we go to the important part, your current package in the Philippines and what are your salary expectations. This would be a 3 year contract, yearly paid 4 weeks holiday, medical insurance, single contract, accommodation and transportation provided. Ito po yung offer s akin.

Marami bang Pilipino n nagtatrabaho don just in case matuloy ako para mayron akong makasama,.

Ok ba ang security nila just like here in davao.?

Hindi k pa alam magkano offer n salary s akin..

Kailangan k po ang help nyo para meyron po akong information...

Salamat

Welcome to the forum...

English is the forum language so please post in English only.
Thank you.

I will be having an employer interview for accounting assistant in PNG. I would like to ask the salary range for this position. Thanks

We're planning to work in port moresby by sept-oct of this year.
How is the security of expats there?
Thanks

Hi everyone,

I received an email  for a job in Mendi, Southern Highlands, PNG.
If get hired, the following are the stated benefits/ basis in the contract;
-2,000 USD + Food (provided) / Housing (provided) & transport ( car provided)
-2 yrs. contract renewable with yearly paid "annual vacation with roundtrip tickets
-Medical & Dental Care, Life * Health Insurance provided by the employer
-Bachelor employment contract

Can you please give me any idea whether the job open is good for a single Filipina like me?

Thanks
Kath

hello,

I am thinking of applying for a job with the help of a relatives who are settled/working in PNG for years. I am a mother of 2 and I am earning P75K gross here in PH as a Asst.Finance Mgr, but considering taxes/remittances my take home was around P50K ends up with a little savings/none most of the time.

Should I pursue my plan, how much is an ideal ask to cover and sustain my family needs? Is 7,000Kina (net of tax) plus accomodation a modest ask or will it scare possible employer?

Happy to hear from you.

I was hired as Store Manager for a PNG company. Just want to ask regarding medical issues, is it possible to still get the job if you got some xray problems - PTB?

Regards

Hi Magday1982,

I assume it will be an issue, considering they have included the medical requirements in the 1st place.

PTB - can be treated right a way (3months  or 6months medication/exercise & proper eating then you'll be good) - but I am not sure how your employer will take it.

I wish you good health.

shenJee

Hi! may I ask the help of those who know the salary range of the below positions for a construction company.
I am currently working in an agency and our client is asking for a range of salaries for OFW's in PNG. I wanted to have a legit information from Filipino's who really has a clear idea of the the salary range.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1.       Supervisor (For unskilled workers)
2.       Safety Officer (Certified)
3.       QC Inspector-Civil
4.       QC Inspector-Electrical
5.       QC Inspector-Mechanical
6.       Rigger (Certified)
7.       Scaffolder (Certified)
8.       Welder (Certified)
9.       Tower Crane Operator (with license)
10.   JCB Operator (with license)
11.   Forklift Operator (with license)Document Control Officer
12.   Dispatcher
13.    Time Keeper

Hi Stumpy,

Will really appreciate your assistance on this:
I was offered to work as GM in in an Insurance Company in Port Moresby; I will be handling some locals & other nationalities. What do I need to consider in accepting this post please. I am used in handling multi cultural company as I have worked in Dubai.

Thanks

Hi im newbie here, I just wanna ask hows the safety of working at PNG and the basic salary for a store manager?  im considering to work there once my contract ends here at SG.

thanks and cheers everyone 😊

Good that you have a family package. I am thinking about signing a contract for a telecommunications company too but I am hoping I can bring my husband with me because of the security issues I have been reading online. The offer is also within the 3000 kina range and it is net already plus transportation and accommodation is paid for by the company (utilities too). I do not know if that will be enough since I have been reading that the cost of living is high that is why I am having a hard time deciding if I will sign the contract or not. My husband is an electrician I am hoping to meet Filipinos who own construction companies (small businesses is okay) who can assist us because if my husband can also find a job even if we will be living apart then I will probably accept the contract without hesitation because our earnings will double since two of us are earning plus adjustment is easier with two of us together too.

Hi Chelly,
If either of you can cook, yes..I would say 3000 kina would be more than enough to cover ur montly expenses.

I am using only about 100 to 150 kina per week. Having to say that:
Breakfast coffee with bread
Lunch: home cook
Dinner: home cook

I usually cook during night time to prepare lunch for next day (pre pack lunch). I usually doesn't eat out much but since u are cooking for 2 person, I probably say about 1,000 kina including house item and grocery.

My company provide me accomocation include electricity, car with fuel and even some prepaid reloaded each month. There isn't much entertainment here except grocery shopping. So there isn't other place that you can spend ur money on.

My 2cents advice. Hope it helps =)

Hi XRis,
You may think of other options if you can. Here security is still a problem. Walking on the street is a no no. If you are comfortable with 3rd world country.. I wouldn't say u shouldn't but you can try coming over.

For the salary, it is still your call. Whether the offered salary is within your range to accept. Manager for expat maybe around 2000 kina up to couple more thousand. It is depends on you and what you want.

For living, as mentioned above, if u can cook and other expenses alresdy covered, u might be looking to spend less than 1000 kina per month including few meals eating out. Bear in mind that one meal easily cost about 25 to 30 kina. Therefore, u can do the math if you intend to eat out for most of your meals.

Thank you for your insights it will help me alot in deciding whether to move or not

Hi!

I have a plan of working in Lae and I was asked about salary expectation. I am ex-Saudi and PNG cost of living is entirely different from KSA. Despite of navigating thru several website stating product and services range of cost and salary, confusion still exist. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter please? Screening/interview schedule is approaching and I have limited time to provide an answer. I am applying for Customer Service in Telecom offering Internet Service.

Hi,

I am a newbie here.
I have a job offer to Port Moresby, included in the contract is the accommodation and transport. The position is for retail manager.
Salary package is 2700k monthly and I have to pay for tax. How is the salary sound as my position is multitasking. Is it worth to work with that salary? And how much is the tax rate now. Are co-workers friendly there? I cannot get these informations on google .

Appreciate & hope to hear from you guys..

Thanks

SULAYKAN

Try to seek your monthly net pay (take home pay)

From there you can see the real picture

Aside of security concern, Living in PNG especially in Port Moresby is very expensive (All)

Try to negotiate the following

(Due to current PNG Economy is not good, chances to get all below is Low)

Must have

1. Own/shared accommodation
2. Own/shared/serviced vehicle
3. Free Electricity
4. Free Mobile/Call/Internet Data Plan
5. Free Paid Vacation/Leave
6, Free Family Health Insurance
7. Free Education Allowance

If you are home buddy and knows how to cook (Good for you)
if not (Good luck from the land of un expected PNG)

Yes
  Thanks for info dimple.revmed.

Most of the posts here are outdated. Here are my 2 cents:
1.    Medicine and Hospitals – if you have any special requirements, you may bring enough to last you a couple of months at first. We do have a decent chain of pharmacy here
https://www.facebook.com/citypharmacyPNG/, also http://www.cpl.com.pg/index.php/our-bra … y-pharmacy
Hospitals are mostly manned by Filipino and Indian doctors. There are also Filipino nurses and dentists here.

2.    Food – No issues here. Most of buyers and purchasing professionals are from the Philippines; there is also a sizable Filipino expat community here so you see a lot of Filipino staples in major grocery stores (think Kape Puro, Lily's Peanut Butter, Chocnut, Chippy, Lucky Me, etc.) There are also Filipino restaurants and groceries here. If you prefer more mid-to-high end food these is just a partial list: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants … egion.html

3.    Entertainment
Internet – available at selected company accommodations. Otherwise just subscribe to mobile data. Speed is decent enough to do skype / viber video calls.
Movies – there are several theaters here now and more to come. The movie theaters even feature Filipino films (
Sports – The Filipino Association has its own club house here. Basketball, badminton, etc. There are also plenty of public gymnasiums and swimming pools accessible for a minimal fee.
Outdoors – We have decent beaches and resorts here (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie … egion.html). Our company owns boat that we can book for island-hopping, etc.
Concerts – occasional concerts by both international acts (Michael Learns to Rock, UB40, David Guetta, etc.) as well as Filipino performers (Side A, Sarah Geronimo, etc.) are held here.
Night Out – Lamana Gold Club and Cosmopolitan Club are where you will find the expats partying.
Malls and Shopping  – Vision City Mall (http://www.visioncity.com.pg/) and more under construction (http://www.starmountainplaza.com/), (http://www.businessadvantagepng.com/why … ew-guinea/) which are now being constructed.

4.    Clothing – pack for year-round summer season. There are no typhoons, winter, etc. here. Trophy Haus and Jeanswest are the only premium clothing supplier here. All other shops are selling counterfeit products or grey brands and are not worth the $$$.
If you like to go bargain-hunting – the second hand shops (ukay) here is a massive industry! I have found several hard-to-find books at Labels and Mondos for as low as K1.50 (about P50.00)

5.    Security – Somewhat exaggerated. I've been here for 7 years and have never been a victim of crime. Just be wary of where you are going and staying. Every city has a seedy side – Manila has Tondo, Al Ain has Satwa, Chicago has the South Side, etc.

Most crimes are petty – snatching, bag slashing, pick pocketing; although there are occasional break-ins and hold-ups. But violent crimes are much, much, more severe in Manila where most criminals have guns, whereas here violent crimes are done with bush knives.

One thing that gets most Filipinos into trouble here is swearing – back home you can get away at saying “F*** You” or flipping a dirty finger at someone. Here people do get arrested for doing these. Be careful of what you say and do. People are generally friendly and they would smile and say good morning to you when you meet them on the streets.

To sum it up – Port Moresby is now more livable than it was several years ago. It is still a developing nation, but with the help of honest politicians, an educated populace, and experienced expats like us managing local businesses and training local employees the economy will continue to grow.

1. the salary is competitive for private & public universities, but public universities
    gives more benefits
2. the accommodation depend on the university u r applying for, and the rest of ur
    concern, u've got to pay for it
3. every contract is 3 yrs. and its renewable
4. for security inquiry...can u think of dangerous country in the world without
   a Filipino ofw?

Bodoi...thank you very much for that informative info. about PNG in regards with Teaching employment. God bless. :)

Hi,

I was offered a Telecom Engineering job in PNG, I don't have an idea yet where my workbase will be but most likely it will be in POM.
I would like some insights about the security in PNG (in general) since I'll be going around in the field. And also, what salary range can I expect them to offer me? and the offer inclusion?

Thanks,

hi paul.thanks for these infos..are you still in PNG? just got an offer..already signed a contract and  now got 2nd thought bcos of what i read from the first few messages...especially about the security since i am a lady.just worried on my security...

Hi;

I also had offer in Kimbe, are you there already? Can you update me the situation there?

Thanks

Robert

what is your work in Lae?

Hi anyone who can give me advise is it easier or posibilities to migrate in australia from png? Because I was hired in png but this is only my stepping stone to go to australia is it posible?and what is the process is there migration agency going to australia?

Hi. It really depends on where you work? The basic thing here and you always have to remember is dont go out alone. Always be in a group when your going out. In my company, we Filipinos have a schedule to go to the Mall for our grocery, and we take the company service. And when in the mall, always be attentive and alert.

I dont know about your company, but in PNG its alot easier to apply for a tourist visa than in the Philippines. In my company u just pay the fee and the HR will take care of it.

I think you should have ask for a net salary. the tax here is 36-42% of your basic salary. If you could renegotiate i think that would be best.

suppose my employer from png would offer 3K US Dollars, i believe that is more than enough to start a best living in papua new guinea. on the other hand, the employer should shouldered my accommodation, food, and what about the internet ? also my travelling expenses, where in saudi arabia, my employer provided me a vehicle....a good car !!! as my would be employer, i hope he provides, something to ride on.

do seetu kui company provides a car for a senior management employee ?

You need to make sure your accommodation and transport is covered in your contract.  Rent is very expensive here.  Normally, you have to pay for food and internet yourself.

Food and Internet is not cheap here.

Hi sir, are you still in PNG? I got an offer but i am skeptic about it beacuse of the things ive read. Can you share your experiences with regards to the cost of basic commodities there. Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to really get a clear picture here, No idea of PNG, all i read is like a 60/40 40ok and 60 not okay, same with KSA back then its was always a 60/40 review but I stayed there for 7 years and all is well, so Im hoping for the best here in PNG, I just got an offer and Im willing to consider, howmuch is the going rate now for Operations Manager in PNG? and is security still an issue till now? hope someone can help me out. Thanks

Cheers,

Ken

Hi guys.

I am an Accountant and a CPA, looking for a job in PNG, with 27 years work experience in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, and Congo in Africa. I have already sent CVs online to various sites looking for Accountants.

Does anybody here knows someone or a company at PNG that are looking for someone with my qualifications?

Thank you.

Regards.
Jerry

Best you go online and search for a job.