Muscat - 2300 riyals for Petroleum Engineer.

Is 2300 Omani Riyal montly sufficient for correctly living? With this Salary can we save a little bit?

--------------

Est-ce que 2300  Rayal Omania  net par mois suffissent pour vivre correctement ? Avec ce salaire, peut-on faire des economies ?

maatallah djafer wrote:

Est-ce que 2300  Rayal Omania  net par mois suffissent pour vivre correctement ? Avec ce salaire, peut-on faire des economies ?

You can live very well on this salary, well still depends on your lifestyle. An RO 500/- 2BHK is good enough unless you would like to stay in the executive villages, that wouldn't suffice.

I hope I had a correct understanding of your post. Most people speak English in Oman, you would get more reply if you post in English!

Merci Beacoup Hexe, you got it.He wants to if 2500 net salary is fair enough for the cost of living in Oman.

He is from Algeria and its one of the French speaking nations in Africa hence e mode of communication.

Vous pouvez vivre avec ce salaire et juste, vous sauver peut trouver un appartement2BHK à 500, mais tou depend de votre style de vie.

Hope that makes sense

Mariamns wrote:

Merci Beacoup Hexe, you got it.He wants to if 2500 net salary is fair enough for the cost of living in Oman.

He is from Algeria and its one of the French speaking nations in Africa hence e mode of communication.

Merci Mariamns, je comprendre un peut francais.....

Good that you were able to translate as it is also the policy of this site to communicate in English only. Please stand by and be the translator for the moment. Cheers :top:

hexebella wrote:
Mariamns wrote:

Merci Mariamns, je comprendre un peut francais.....

Good that you were able to translate as it is also the policy of this site to communicate in English only. Please stand by and be the translator for the moment. Cheers :top:

Monsieur has created an English post, guess he doesn't need a translator. It was just of French Assimilation policy.

Many thanks for your response,

My salary is 2300 Rayal Omani, please this salary will be sufficient for a good life in Muscat.

I have 03 children's

Hello all

Since the thread has been created on the Anglophone version of the forum, please let us all continue in English here.

Thank you

Kenjee

Is 2300 Omani Riyal montly sufficient for correctly living? With this Salary can we save a little bit?

I have 03 children's.

School and insurance are paid by company.

Please advice me

Thanks

Hey, thats a reasonable amount you can spend and  save but it all goes back to your marginal propensity to consume.Atleast school fees and insurance are catered for.you can live a good life depending on your definition of good living.Thats Approximately 590500Algerian dinar

Definitely.
A standard 2 BHK rent in city would be within 700.
Utilities would be under 100 per month. School fees for children  varies with the school.

That depends on your commitments and level of living. If you have kids in school and your company does not cover them fully and/or your company does not provide you with accommodation then my advice to you that do not accept this salary or even more than this.

Hello;

Many thanks for your response.

the company give me
The total salary is 2300 Rayal + RO. 1,200/- per child per school year + The Company provides medical cover worldwide except USA and Canada for its employees and direct family members. For expatriate employees, spouse and maximum 3 children under the age of 18 years.

I have 03 children in primary school.

I am waiting your response.

Regads

Hi maatallah djafer,

Accommodation is on you, right ?

For a family your size it would be reasonable to expect that you would want a small villa.

So set aside about R.O. 700/- to R.O. 900/- a month for that, depending on the location.

With the rest of the salary you can lead a fairly decent life, sans bells and whistles.

Dear my friend

International Schools in Muscat have yearly payments between 3000-9200 RO every year, but school of India or nationality one can be between 1000-4000 depending on class grade.

What about the Housing support!!
What company you are Comming!

Cheers.
MAZ