Indian-European Divorce

Hello
''One Indian is getting married with an European girl in India. They register the marriage in Europe as well. After few years they decide to divorce. Can they divorce in Europe and to which law they are subject to ( indian/european) ? Which are the differences between european and indian divorce?''
Thank you

I'm no expert, however one of them lives in India, they can get divorced in India in the jurisdiction for which he  or she has permanent address proof (i.e. owns the property or a member of his / her family owns the property).

The process for mutual consent divorce is to make a 1st petition - both parties should go to the court in India. Then after 6 months make the 2nd petition in court in India. Post that, the divorce is typically granted if there are no outstanding matters. However if one party isn't in India, there are kids, one contests the divorce, things get seriously messy. In which case, Europe may be a better option.

My 2 cents - totally not an expert though!!!

The family will live in an european country after divorce. Is that changing anything? Thank you for the answer

Unless there is an advantage to divorcing in India (doubtful), suspect Europe will be easier. If neither party live in India, then my understanding is they cannot file a divorce in India.

She's posted the same thread in the England forum.
Not yet married but asking about a divorce.

Very odd.

I think they should divorce in Europe because its so difficult to do it in India.

Get divorce in India where marriage was solemnized. Only Indian court has the jurisdiction to decide. However according to international law if both parties submit to some foreign courts' jurisdiction then they can get divorced there too. My suggestion is getting divorced in India for solving all future issues because Indian courts are not bound to accept any foreign judgment or documents.