What is good Salary in Seychelles

Hello, everybody.
We are interested in moving to Seychelles from US. We live in country area of North Carolina, so we are interested how it may compare to Seychelles. In terms of friendliness of people :-)
The next set of questions is about living conditions. First, medicine. What is the level of medicine? We have small children, so pediatric care is important for us. As well as general care, especially emergency (just in case). Next, education. Do you have any advices? What is the program of study in elementary and middle school?
As the previous post was talking about the salaries of educators, do you have any idea about the salaries of professors (higher education)?
Thank you very much.
Nick.

Medicine is not that advanced in Seychelles.

Thank you, nashlanka.
But it does exist :-) ?
What is so bad? Accessibility? Quality? Waiting for care? Finances/costs? Location?
Thank you very much.
Nick

Hi Mburugu, i would like to know which site you use to get your job or when you change your job company what steps do u take? am also in Seychelles but need to change my employer.

Thanks.
Joy.

Hi joy Kangai,

Just to let you know that member billmburugu hasn't been active for a while.

You can participate on the recently created topics or create a new one if you want members to further assist you.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

Hi Billmburu... i am a Kenyan too here, planning to come over to Seychelles and search for a job. i have tried websites but they seem to be fruitless, hence thought of coming over and search from there. problem is that i know no one, and how one goes about to secure a place to stay so as to proceed in serching for a job. i have been made to understand that there are jobs there. my field is in hospitality and security to be precise. how can you help and some advice too please. Thanks in advance and hoping to hear from you soon. Allan.

How are you my freind
Are you still in syechelle?
My name is mohammed elleithy from egypt
And i will come and search awork
In showrooms or market
As a assistant manager or casher team leader
I want to ask about salaru

Hi my freind i will come also to seychell and i want to know about you
You went to seychelle?
You find work for easy?
Where you stay?
Mohamed eleithy from egypt

Hi Joy,

You may need to try the Employment Agencies as well. Companies usually engages Kenyan Employment Agencies for Expats.

Kind Regards

Tazvida from Zimbabwe
Seychelles

Hi,

Question1 :-
For Govt. Polytechnic Lecturers / Govt. School Teachers, what would be the salary in SCR ?

Question2 :-
Is there any issue or restriction  in converting SCR to US$ to sending my savings to home land (India)?

Please help on the above questions.

Hello everyone,

If you have any specific questions, you should please start a new topic on the Seychelles forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Tazvida, 
Sorry i was offline for some time.

Thank you for your highlights i highly appreciate.  So far the agency i know is the one opposite Independence house (sorry i can't remember the name)  but i bet they don't engage expats.  Do you know some of which i could try and how do i go about it?  Thanks

Hi, what is a good salary for a chef job in sychelles.

Hua everyone

I am moving to desroches Island in just under a month or so. My gross salary will be between $600 - $850.I have company accommodation and meals provided for. I am coming from south Africa and will be working as a spa therapist. If I am in Seychelles on a work visa am I allowed to study, and are there study opportunities available easily there?

@2melo if you were on Mahe (main island) then you would be able to take classes and you would be allowed to as long as it doesn't interfere with work. But as you will be living in Desroches there really is nothing but the hotel there. I know some people who used to work there and it's a special kind of life that even the locals would find quite challenging (in terms of convenience). I'm pretty sure it's a really small community there where your friends would have to be your colleagues because nobody else lives there.

Tropical web am planing to come and get a job their can you help me with hotels that can offer me work visa before I come I hold a diploma in hotel management +256*** sylivia from uganda
@nazzindaslyvia

For personal safety please do not post contact details here.
Use the message system for this.
@billmburugu
hi , thanks for letting us know , actually i am also shifting there next month  in mahe, can we be friends .

@Rahul ray yes why not

Hello everyone,

Please continue your conversation on the following thread > How to make friends in the Seychellesto avoid off-topic posts here. 1f60a.svg

Thank you,

Cheryl
Expat.com team