Where to do shopping?

Where to do shopping for local clothing, accessories, souvenirs & food items for cheap price in HCMC?
I do not want to buy imported branded clothing.

Is the China Town at HCMC big and shopping is cheap like Thailand and Singapore?

Regards
Mal

Benh thanh market is a one stop  shop for tourist things,  a bit pricey and you must haggle. 
An Dong market below  winsor hotel is just as good quiet good but you still have to haggle there.

You can go An Dong plaza : 18 An Duong Vuong Street, Ward 9, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City which look like China Town but some place English not good. I think try to commucate with them , everything will be ok.

thecoolchazza wrote:

Benh thanh market is a one stop  shop for tourist things,  a bit pricey and you must haggle. 
An Dong market below  winsor hotel is just as good quiet good but you still have to haggle there.

And be careful, most of the stuffs rubbish. ( nothing new around here).
Really have a good look at the quality of  zippers and stitching .
Just about everything I've bought there soon ends up as cleaning rags for my bike .

Quiet often the shirt that's on display will be of different quality to the one they give you in the prewrapped plastic . If the display model is your size, that may be the best bet.

This is my personal opinion on Benh Thanh market.  I went 1 time and will never go again.  Complete waste of time and yes, overpriced and really not much to see in my opinion, based on my travels in VN.  I was with VN people and even they were shocked and not happy.  For curiosity, 1 time is ok.  If you want district 1, Diamond Plaza area is my preference.

Yeah,
Problem is they don't sell the export quality stuff here.   
I can buy clothes & shoes in Australia and the US cheaper and better quality than here.

I also recently bought some cargos in Thailand.  The zippers are already rusting and seized, the stitching is falling apart, AND they are priced at the same as I would pay in Australia for far better quality.

Just stick to the cheap soup.