Looking for a place to stay in Sosua Cabarete

Hello Bob and planner, we are planning to go to the area Sosua / Cabarete to check the barrios, in order to see where we will like to buy a property in about 2 years, can you recomended any place to stay?, thank you.

First I have to ask why are you wanting to buy property in the Barrios? 

Second what is your budget for a place to stay and what kind of amenities are you looking for?

Bob K

none of my business but the Phrase Barrios in Argentina does not mean a bad neighborhood

H ello Bob, we, me and my daughters are planing to visit because my husband and I planning to get retired in Dominican Republic, and I folow the advise that you and the planner give to everybody: First visit , get familiar with the place and make a decision, we planning our retirement in the next 2 o 3 years, and Sosua Cabarete is one of the places, we want to buy a house for us and my 3 dogs,so, when I said barrios , I try to say a quiet place , we are spanish(argentinian and actually live in Kissimmee, Florida.I am looking for a Hotel to stay with my daughters, and walk arround the area, to see the neighborhood, do you think Sosua/Cabarete?, we have Punta Cana in mind also.Budget for a house 100 to 125, for a Hotel, about 100 dollars a day, our retirement for the first 2 years is 1,500, after that, 2,500, is that good if you have your house paid off?, thank you in advance.

There are lots of places that will fit your budget and needs.  You can check Trip advisor for vacation rentals.

You also mention Punta Cana do note that that is no where near Sosua/Cabarete.

Yes your budget is doable if you don't have rent (house paid for)

Bob K

I agree with Bob.   In your considerations:  the north coast will be a better fit for your budget! Punta Cana is much more expensive to rent, to buy and to live.

Hey Texas - that was useful  information so thank you!!!!

angie -  the Spanish language here is a bit different then other areas.  Barrio here signifies a very poor neighborhood, thus Bob's confusion.  You will find a lot of other words that are different as well.   For example here guapa  does not mean pretty.... it means I am pissed off with you if I am guapa.  :D

Thank you Bob and planner for your answers, Bob can you recomend any areas  in Sosua Cabarete in order to look for a house?

hahaha!!!!, thank you planner, I like the way that you can read the minds of expats, and understand without knowin us, you are a very smart lady, like a good gemini woman, I hope I can meet you some day, thank you, No I dont want to live in the barrios.....jejeje

This can be arranged Angie.....  and thanks!  ;)

Again depends on budget, what you are looking for, gated vs non gated and so on.  If you give me some more information I may be able to give  you some ideas.  Otherwise it is  all over the board.

Bob K