Urgent Help Please

Hello,

I have an offer of 2500 euros from company in Brussels,i am not sure if that is enough money to survive.

I have family of 3(me,wife and son) so just wanted your suggestions.

I would need 2 bedroom apartment in city, considering renting is expensive, can i manage with that much salary.

Please advice.

we have 2 of us a and hes n 2600 you do get extras such as meal cheques etc. We run a card and have a 2 bed apartment that costs 700 a month we live good and would be fine with 1 to 2 children on this wage with some careful shopping

Thanks so much for your reply.

I found the rentals to high in city while searching online. 700 for 2 BR is good. do u stay in city or outer.

So you trying to say we can manage good with 2500 euro for 3 people. my son is 2 years and would be starting preschool. how expensive are the international schools, as i understand government schools don't run on English language.

yes, i am being given meal coupon and health insurance.

Do you think its good bet?

Please suggest

Where exactly is work?
Forget international schools if you are paying as the ones you can afford I would say you're better off saving your money. Go French if Brussels, Dutch if in Flanders. If you speak English at home, you can keep up English by joining in the huge English speaking family community in Brussels and just outside in Flanders.

Hi,

Work is in Brussels.

I am just worried if i would be able to keep my family good and happy with this much money (2500 euro, after deductions).

Do majority of people speak English in Brussels.

So you suggest this money is good enough to survive for family of three.

Regards

yes but where in Brussels? Often people think they are working in Brussels and then they find out it's 25km away. Brussels is 19 different towns, do you know which one and the street? It really makes a difference to where you live and what you can afford convenient to work.

No the majority of people in Brussels do not speak English as a first language, many speak it as a 2nd or 3rd language. You can live here without the majority French language, there is a big non Belgian population, for whom English is often the lingua franca and between the 3 official language communities in Belgium, English is becoming more of a lingua franca to avoid political use of French, German or Dutch.

The average Belgian family will live on 2500 euro or less. It really depends on what you expect for living conditions and what you see as luxury and what you see as necessity.

Yes as was said depends on how u expect to live. I dont live in Brussels I like in a farily pricey areas of gent (around the outside)

Hi, 2,500 eur seems a bit tight for a 3-persons family including a child. For renting 2 beds apartment you will probably have to spend 1,000-1,200 eur including charges. Anyway you can still make it if you limit your expenses to the very necessary. Hope it helps, and good luck.

advice: rent something not in the centre but at 20 kms from brussels (cheaper) and take the bus! (often repaid by work) It should give you more breathing space

Hello filn12,

I've exactly the same situation, 2500 Net salary without food coupons.
Are you still living in Brussels, if yes? is it comfortable in 2500?
It would be helpful if you share your experience.

Thanks

Depending on your life style & how many dependents you have, 2500 net can get a bit tight even for a single person anywhere in Europe, especially if you want to focus on savings. Other than that, it also depends on where you are living, mode of transportation you will be using for your work place and other factors such as your cigarette and alcohol consumption.

Also, since you are coming form India, I am not sure but you may have send money back home as well. That would be an important factor. It's better to make an informed decision. Good luck!

VinitP wrote:

Hello filn12,

I've exactly the same situation, 2500 Net salary without food coupons.
Are you still living in Brussels, if yes? is it comfortable in 2500?
It would be helpful if you share your experience.

Thanks

Is that 2500 after taxes? As I would say that is pretty good we get 2900 and then we lose about 1000 in taxes and then have 130 food cheques on top of that. We manage okay two of us and baby on way.

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation.
I have a job opportunity with the conditions below:

€70,000 gross annual + €2,400 (net allowance)  = (€3200 monthly net)
Car  + international fuel card (worth €1,500 monthly)

10% Annual Bonus of total gross salary

Medical plan

Luxury Pension plan

Lunch vouchers every day

Is This package good to live in Brussels with my wife and my six year old daughter?

Thanks
Filipe