Where are the Filipinos in Paris?

Hello! Family and I have been here since beginning of May and have yet to meet a filipino. Missing sinigang and adobo and have no idea where a filipino restaurant or market is located.  Philippine independence day is coming up soon -- are there any events scheduled, and where?  Thanks in advance for any information !!

Hi there! I've been here in Paris for almost 6 months now and I can safely say I have never come across a Filipino restaurant. However, there are 2 small Filipino stores in Victor Hugo, 16ème. I went to see both once and one was very tiny, I can't recall the name. The other one is called Cora Fred SariSari Store.

There's a facebook page Filipino in France. Maybe you'll have luck getting some infos there on events.

I'm from NJ and lived in a town filled with Fil restaurants and grocery stores. Yep, I miss all the good food too!! :)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting external link on the Forum please - share your personal details in private for safety reasons

Hello Glen822!
If you're looking for cooked Filipino foods... you can go to Bois de Bolougne area (bus stop porte de la muette for PC1).. Lots of "kababayans" selling all sorts of Pinoy dishes. And since it's summer, you should try their halo-halo. Most of them are there on weekends in the afternoon.... If you prefer to cook the food, there are 3 Pinoy stores located at Victor Hugo Area 16eme...
And regarding Independence Day, the Filipino community celebrates it at the same area at Porte de la Muette (Bois de Bolougne). Usually, they have program presentations from different Pinoy organizations that are here in France. Also, booths with different products (mostly foods....since we love to eat!!). Not sure of the exact date but i'm guessing July 11/12...

Hi Geneva1! Thanks for the info. Will definitely check it out one of these days.
Also, do you know a hair salon or hairdresser that speaks English (Or Tagalog) in Paris area and is skilled in cutting Asian hair? Any info is much appreciated. Thank you!

~ Jo

18 Rue Mesnil is the address of one of the Pinoy stores in Paris. The other one is just near rue Mesnil, just around Victor Hugo.

I'm a Filipino living in the region of Bourgogne.

This is so helpfuuuul!

:dumbom:

Or sa bulon hehehe

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of external links, groups or blogs on the forum please.