Rent a flat or a house in Kosovo

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Kosovo. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Kosovo.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in Kosovo?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Kosovo?

How to find a home in Kosovo: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Actually, I am a citizen of Kosovo, but I can give you some information regarding accomodation in Pristina, Kosovo.

Following is some information on the price range depending on the type of accomodation. Please be informed that the prices may vary however.

Studio (living room + kitchen + bathroom) 25-45 m2, 200-400 eur
Apartment (1 bedroom, 1 living room, kitchen, bathroom) 55-70 m2, 350-550 eur
Apartment (2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom), 450 - 700 eur
Apartment (1 floor of the house, separate entry - very common in Arberia neighborhood, where most of the foreign consulates are located), varies from the location,
House (usually 2 floors are available in the newly build neigborhoods in Veternik, suitable for families with children, nice gardens), 150-250 m2, 900-1800 eur.

Most of the flats/houses for rent are advertised through local real estate agencies but one can find accomodation at a better price through friends or through online advertisements in local language (Albanian). If you are interested in a particular neighborhood, you may be able to find advertisements in the housewalls while walking.

The rent can be negotiated in some cases, especially if your assignment is >18 months.

There is a tax to be paid to the tax authorities, but that is borne by the owner.

Usually parties enter into a written agreement which is internal and in most cases, the owners have the form ready, you just need to make sure that you add what you agree upon, if these things are not mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Expat.com majlinda!

Thanks for these useful tips.:top:

Harmonie.:)

I am an American that has lived in Pristina for 6 months now. The cost of living here is pretty cheap now that alot of the internationals have left. I my experience you should be able to get a two bedroom furnished apartment for no more than 4-5 hundred euros a month with all utilities included.

Also, make sure you live somewhere you can control your utilities. Some landlords will stop heating an apartment come the first warm spell of the spring. A lot of these Albanian people think it is still 2006 and that they can get 700 euros a month from internationals for a one bedroom apartment. Do your research and shop around. The majority of Albanians are very friendly people and will not nickle and dime you every chance they get, however there are a few bad apples out there so ensure you get the freedom to move out when you sign a contract. Hope you enjoy Kosovo!

Thanks for your contribution austin842!

Harmonie.:)

Hi all

Have invested in a house back home which is for rent or sale.
The house is a new 4 story,10rooms 4 kitchen, 5 bathrooms 450m2  living space.
CCTV(8 cams controlled over network), Alarm, remote gate opening, 50m2 outdoor swimming pool(mosaic 1.6m deep, central heating, own water well(39m depth)
Ideal for families with friends as the house got two entries and can very easily convert into 3,2,2,1 bedroom apartments.
It is also ideal for offices, embassy or anything else.
3 minutes from Prishtina centre.

If interested, please email on fastestimate[at]aol.com for pics and infos

As for the government requirements about purchasing please visit www. Komuna-Prishtina.org

Kindest regards

But to live in Canada Quesque I can do to live in canada

Hello everyone,

I must say that the rental prices depends also on a size of apartment (two bedroom apartment may be 70 square meters but also 120 square meters), on older (new apartments, good windows, good heat and noise insulation), furniture an design. There are lot of good apartments that are offered for a rent in all Prishtina neighbourhoods. The issue is what you like more and if you are willing to pay the price for what you like. I'm Real Estate Agent and am helping foreigners to find proper accommodations in Prishtina since 2004. From my experience now the rental prices are much lower than they were let say two years ago and earlier, but the utilities will cost much more than previous years. So you must be lucky if you get good apartment (new, modern, honest landlord) with utilities included and with a good price. If anyone needs my help, don't hesitate to contact me on (moderated: no ads please)

what is the cheapest rent apartment in pristina?

i would like to call you on phone, if you don't mind.

[moderated: pls post in the housing section]

[moderated: pls post an advert in the Housing in Kosovo section]

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

Dear,
i am from India,
can you please write me details by email.

Thanks.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No emails on the forum please.

Dear,
Thanks for your share in Post.

i am from India,
can you guide me for Visa ,for Kosovo,for Indian national,

In  India.There is no Embassy for Kosovo.

Replly.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : please do not share emails on the forum.

Hi. I've recently moved to Kosovo from England to be with my fiancée who is a native of Kosovo. I'm a UK national and would like some help and advice on finding an apartment to rent in the Istog/Peje area? Many thanks in advance. Ideally 2 bedrooms with electricity and water bills included.

hi i am new here in pristina since last month i really like the city im from Budapest Hungary and i would like to have a contact with somebody who do have a space in his appartement to share so that we can discuss about this issue.

Me and my better half are Indian expats waiting for our documentation process to be over. We are Doctors Ophthalmologists. Our budget is 500 Euros. My mail id is : [link moderated]. If you can send clips of some good apartments and your contact no so that we can get in touch on arrival in next 4 to 6 months.

For those seeking rentals please check the housing section at the top of this page.

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : |Has posted in the Housing in Kosovo section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello vgruda82,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that there is a dedicated section for such offers thus we do not allow advertising on the forum.

I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Kosovo section.

Do not forget to post some pictures of the house as well.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@vgruda82

Hi VGRUDA,

My name is Alicia Williams and I would like to see pictures of the house. I will be relocating fro panama to Kosovo for work for 2 years. It will be me, my husband, and our two youngest children who are in university but come and go during breaks and holidays. I also have four older ones who are married and would visit maybe once each year.

How much are you renting it for? ***

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Alivi35,

Welcome on board !

Please check the ads in the Housing in Kosovo. The member vgruda82 has already posted his adverts in our Housing section with all details, contact infos, photos and full description. You may contact him when you open his ad, scroll down and click on the orange contact the owner button.

Thanks in advance

Bhavna

@alivi35

hi there,

i would like to apologize as we just signed a lease yesterday. Good luck in your search.

Vlora