Does anyone have information on funding available for foreign student

Hi everyone, I'm Heather or I call myself Europheassa (Thea). I have been accepted into Thongsook International in Bangkok, Thailand. I'm on here to find out the living expenses, life in general, expat population, and other things. I have never traveled outside of the United States before and am very nervous. I'm looking for a roommate. My classes start on March 1, 2016. I'm planning to arrive in the country the third or fourth week of February. I'm hoping to meet a lot of people online to help me stay calm. This decision to study in a foreign country is hard for me sometimes, but I know the experience will be beneficial to my career.
I'll be 21 when I arrive in Thailand. I love to draw anime, paint, rollerblade, read manga, and love an adventure or two every once in awhile. I hope my decision to go to Thailand will work for me. I worry about the cost. Does anyone have any information on funding available for foreign student? I'll worry about this later.
Nice to meet you all!

Why not come to BKK for a short holiday?
Then make a quality decision.
It is a man's world here!

What is BKK?

BKK is the airport abbreviation for Bangkok.

@ Europhaessa > I have created a new thread with your  post on the Bangkok forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Firstly did you check the school fees per year ( should be mentioned to you when you have applied or published in their website ), private international school cost a lot in Thailand as it is not a public university.

What will you study there ? Did you compare how much it will cost you to do the same in USA ? .

Any funding must be requested from your home country to study abroad, you will not get anything in Thailand.
Be sure the school will provide you an ED Visa, check financial requirement also to get this visa in Thai embassy website in USA.

You will need also medical health care or cover for your stay here, Thailand will not pay for your hospital fees.

It can be sometimes not easy to open a bank account, ask the school directly for accommodation cost around ( usually rental contract can be 6 months or 12 months, shorter can cost more obviously ), think also about travel expense, open flight ticket for your return, transport if not live close to school.

You said you never travel outside USA, why coming so far in a country where culture and language can be a big challenge for you.

You will not be allowed to do any jobs in Thailand under ED visa to get money, it is not like in your country, in others cases you will need extra fund to cover any emergency or family to support you for that.

BKK is the designator for Suvarnabhumi Airport, some people use it to mean Bangkok :cool:

Thailand is a good place to live, people also friendly.

Just wonder why do you come so far. If you come to study about asian culture or taking business class to get some connection in the future, it is sound make sense to me. Other than that once you get a degree in Thailand, when you go back to State, you need some company or institute to convert thai degree to match US standard.

May I ask, What kind of degree, class, or major that you are going to attend in Thailand?