Where to buy Cat Food in San Miguel de Allende

My husband and I will be bringing our cat to SMA and are wondering where we can purchase cat food and litter?  We could not confirm that there is a selection in Mega or Costco.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Supermarket?

Dont worry it wont starve.I have not seen cat food in the shelfs of Soriana etc but they do sell dry dog food by the kilo  its prob the same thing.

Thank you for your response...I guess I should just check the various stores around town.  Thank you!

Your very welcome,have a great day.

We have been to smda several times...we were just there a few months ago and i stopped in a vets office to check out foods and services.science diet and a few other special brands and formulas for feline and canine were available. The receptionist said she could get and science diet product available within 5days. We live in the yucatan now and i have no problem getting quality foods. I noticed mega in Smda had scoop away cat litter....and costco has it as well.

There are multiple pet food markets in SMA. You are sure to find on within walking distance of your Colonia. Although Dog products are more plentiful I doubt you will have any trouble finding what you need.

American brand pet foods are much more expensive in Mexico and most are not a good quality as well.  Confused as to why you can't find pet food as I see it everywhere I've been in Mexico so perhaps you're just not looking everywhere.

Mega and CostCo both have enough selection. I also buy canned tuna as it's actually cheaper than cat food and has less fat.

Any meat including fish or tuna is NOT a complete diet for a cat.  Also tuna is very high in PCB's & mercury so it would be the last thing I would feed any pet.  You might do research  about what is a balance diet for a cat if you are making your own food as that is not.