Need to find a job in Kuwait, Tips or Suggestions?

Hi,

My partner and I are moving to Kuwait together about mid August.
She is a teacher so already has a job set up for her and luckily for us accommodation will be provided for by her new school.
I am looking for a job in Kuwait at the moment but I'm struggling as I am aware Kuwaiti policy is to offer jobs to locals first (Which I think is a good policy).
I have a wealth of experience in the catering industry; bar, front of house and management.
Most of my working life has consisted of customer service roles so this is something I know well.
My current job is an office based admin/clerical job and I have just completed a Level 3 NVQ in Business admin.
I am aware these kinds of positions are likely to be filled by Kuwaiti nationals before me and was hoping someone may have suggestions or tips which could help me secure a job before I arrive in Kuwait, or help me find one when I am out there.
I am not particularly fussy about the type of job I would be doing in Kuwait as we will be there for about a year and would just like to be employed.

Thanks very much for any advice :D

hello and welcome to Kuwait :)

please read the following post

Kuwaitization is on the rise, but not in every sector - the way it works is for every X number of expats with X designation there has to be Y number of Kuwaitis with X+1 designation, you savvy?

so dont worry about Kuwaitization as a detriment to your job aspirations. you will apply to companies, if they like you, they will make you an offer, if not, keep applying.