Living in Thailand 4 months out of each year (Vacation home) with kids

To whom it may concern,
I have read sooo many good and bad things about Thailand starting in year 2011 -2013 it is now year 2015 and i wonder if there is anyone on here that now resides in Koh Samui or Phuket with children?
I have my eyes on a nice property(beach front) beautiful home but i do not want to set myself up for failure.
I would like to live here for about a year then have it as a vacation home.
Are these areas i mentioned family oriented(a lot of children)  family friendly & is race a factor because my children & i are African american/Indian?
My kids are 17(identical twin girls) & a 7 year old son so is there a lot of fun festivities for theses ages(shopping malls,good food,dining, theme parks,beaches,movie theaters,** Schools ** also a night life for myself(clubbing,dancing,).?
If someone could update me more of these location it would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Taeza
Last edited by taezaj1

Phuket does not really have many beach front properties because of the position of roads, hotels, and cliffs. You may be able to get sea views though. Nai Harn might be an area to look and a few of the other more south-western shore areas. Personally, I think the clearing of the beaches of beach bars and sun loungers has ruined Phuket. Another thing is the weather. Its only nice weather (hot and sunny) from end December to about May. It has quite bad monsoons. So you would need to know when you were likely to want to come to Thailand in general to catch the periods of good weather. Finding an immigration visa that would allow you to stay a year needs some investigation and buying landed property has to be done through a Thai partner and cannot be owned personally - another area for investigation.

Wowzers the  more you know...
Thank you...

Taeza123, the best way to find a home in a safe country, is getting a subscription to  International Living Magazine, 49.00 dollars a year & they do all the leg work & answer all the questions for you.  It is really worth it.  We are using Thailand as a Travel hub, and my wife's family lives here, so we have a lot of connections, but I am always looking for that piece of Paradise. And we do have a plan B, if things get Ugly. And your husband is right about Americans, and I am one in the same, I didn't realise what a fantastic life I had till I didn't have it any longer & ended up in this 3rd world country. Good Luck to You & your Family. Patrick

Hi, if you want the beach front Pattaya is the best choice if you stay in Wongamat  or Cozy beach that it's easy to access to the city with the cleaner ocean  or in the center of Pattaya but the sea makes you feel like not want to swim but for the view, it's Yeah.

Feel free if you want  more advise, we can talk, just message me. :-)

Thank you so much