Witness for e-id card

Hi

I want to apply for a card but as I have only lived here in Malta for 7 months I do not have a professional witness with Maltese ID number who has known me for 2 years.

Can anyone give me some advice on the subject or if they have managed to do it.

Thanks

A witness ??? Are you applying for an e-Residence card because you don't need a witness for that ? If you need your pictures signing you need to go to a notary or to the police station or any council worker but they can also sign them if you apply in person at the office

Thanks Rob, I was only following the instructions on the form ID 10 application for a Maltese Identity Card.  I will go to the offices and see what they say.

https://identitymalta.com/citizenships-expatriates/

all the forms for the e-residence cards are now here you need id form 1 a , and 2

See i went to evens house they dont sign for you. I had a lawyer do them for me. But be prepared to wait approx 10 weeks for the card one month for the id number.

They are meant to - they just being difficult - as a council worker they can sign the pics for you
But it would be easier to get them signed before hand

They take the pictures at the evans building don,t they?
So whey do you need them signed?

Terry

tearnet wrote:

They take the pictures at the evans building don,t they?
So whey do you need them signed?

Terry

not if your an eu citizen they expect you to have the pictures already taken -  they literally check the forms and move you on now - we had to go and get photos done elsewhere but they signed them this was june last year though

Recently I went to the Gozo office to change address, I had 2 photos with me but they still took another photo whilst I was there and used that one on my new card not the 2 copies I gave them???
But I also handed in my partners change of address with 2 photos and they didn't even mention taking his picture.

I stupidly didn't ask why, so not sure what their policy is, or even if they know what it is regarding photos!