Visa Clearance withheld by ROP

Dear Friends.

My Brother has received an offer from Muscat based Omani Construction company as Internal Auditor. Its almost 5 months now he has not received his Visa. all documents for visa processing has been submitted along with original attested B Com certificate.

The recruitment agency in India does not have any proper status of the visa clearance. Hence last week we directly contacted the Company in Muscat.

They told there is some issue in release of labor clearance for internal auditor visa from ROP. It will be done as early as possible and my brother can travel by end of June 2015.

1. What may be the reasons for withheld of internal auditor visa. Is it related to Omanisation...!

2. Do the impact of Omanisation affect  professionals like Chartered Accountants/ Cost Accountants ?

3. If not omanisation, what are the other reasons for delay in visa.?

4. Is it possible to check the status of work visa through any website, by giving passport details?

Hope some one guide us in this............

Thanks
Balu

Hi balu3291,

Firstly, job clearances does not come under the purview of the Royal Oman police (ROP) as you have incorrectly stated.

(1) Providing job clearances are the duties of the Ministry of Manpower. And job clearances are provided only after through verifications and checks on the company applying for the same. Many factors come into play. And they are all directly or indirectly linked to Omanisation. If your read the many discussions on the same topic in the forum you will get all the information you would require to understand the process.

(2) Omanisation affects pretty much every expatriate - those who are already here, and those who are trying to become one.

(3) Company must follow the prescribed Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Manpower and all other norms. Anything found wanting would obviously delay the issuance of a new job clearance.

(4) The answer has to be a 'No'. All dealings between the company and the authorities happen only between the company's Omani PRO and their counterparts in the various ministries,. No other person is privy to that information.

Thank you sir for the information

Dear Sir

Today we received a call from the said Muscat based Omani Construction company that, the clearance for Internal auditor post is completely Omanised  and its not possible for them to get clearance for an expat with internal audit designation.Two times the company has applied for clearance and Ministry has rejected on both occasions.   

Hence they  have suggested that they will take my brother in different visa instead of Internal auditor visa (like Supervisor or Draughtsman or Engineer or store supervisor etc), The salary and terms and conditions remain same and only the visa profession will be different. We are confused to take a decision.

1) is there any potential threat in working as internal auditor with a different profession in labour card ?
2) If the company give a labour visa now, will there be any problem after six months when he try to take his family to Oman. He has been offered a total salary of RO 800/-
3) The company also informed that, after reaching Oman, they shall try to change the visa profession to Internal auditor. Is it possible to do so?
4) Do the profession mentioned in labour card has any relevance when he wants to make a pleasure trip to Dubai or some where on later stages.

Kindly clarify and guide Us......
Once again I thank all the senior members in Expat.com for the sincere  service they provide to people around the Globe.

Thanks
Balu

Hi balu3291,

These very same and identical questions have been answered many times before.

Locate those and read the responses in the forum. The answers are the same.

hi..im working for 7 yrs n my company now and going to be 8 yrs..is there any chance for me to leav my company in gud way n a legal process..but I jst want only to apply n other industry..not d same hotel industry..is there possible to hve a chance to get an NOC and no prblem for me to work n this country wd out going bck home for 2yrs..what should I do or tell to my company dat ive been gud staff for dem for 7 yrs..jst wana grow and get a new challenge and experince n differnt way..thnk u for ur help..I hope u could help me to be happy again n my work..