Driving license in Romania

That was a solution that didn't work. Unfortunately I explained all without checking if links are working.  :) or not. Then I offered the second solution: Learn with a friend! :|

quick question.. if my country doesn't have an agreement to swap my local driving license it means that I need to do the whole process as local ? theorical and practical test , driving school and so on.... ?

yes

this is my email address: [email protected], please will like to ask if you can forward the legislation in english for me. thanks

is the there a chance you can send me the books via my email: [email protected]. thank u.

But, Can i take my first driver's license there?
I never get to take it in Portugal and i'd like to take it there now that im moving to Timisoara ..

@iagovideira11

Is more hard to get it here because there are no books, no internet tests in english with legislation and questions for exams.
Maybe Zecio will tell you if he was able to give the exam and how managed the test.

[ Moderated : inappropriate content ]

Hi Widems,

How your driving license is going ? I will pass the driving license with the company you refereed to : autoscoala.ro/

I am also interested to any books, tools to prepare the theoric exams... can you send me by mail as well : tantely6[at]gmail.com

By the way, do you know the entire process from the inscription to the exams ? languages (French as well ?), Price ?

Thank in advance,

hello please can anybody help me with some information about the driving lisense in romania and if it is possible to do the test or to get any materials in english or should I try to study the romanian book ..I live in Bucharest .. My Email adress is : [email protected]

hi Julia,
where did you study driving lesson here in brasov?i am searching driving school but I can not find one who teach in English language.thank u

Does anyone know if I can get a category A licence on a short stay visa?

Did anyone find material in english , im starting school soon in Bucharest.

Hello i have seen you have the materials in english can you pls send to my email if u can [email protected]. Thank you!

Hello,i would like to know what documents needed to exchange my driving license to Romanian (my country is in the list)
Thanks

kindly give the me site to know those countries that can exchange theirs with Romania one

Hello samgenesis and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive since oct 2014

Also, have you tried googling the info?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Everyone, I would like to ask for an English material, kindly just send it to my [email protected]. A million of thanks in advance!

Hello MaylaC,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that this discussion is not active since October 2014.

I invite you to browse the forum Cars Romania, Transportation in Romania to see if you can find more information.

You can also start  new discussion if you want on the Romania forum.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hi Yuveshen,

Thank you for letting me know and for the link that you provided.

Best regards,

Mayla

Hello how are you guys i want your help ..who have questions of drive license in English  in romania please ....thanks

Please send me the materials ...This is my email
[email protected]

please send the material on my id too . [email protected]

Madness. People searching for something that doesn't exist. Learn the language and do the test in Romanian. If you are unable to do so, then you have not integrated well and I personally think, you do not deserve to drive here.

I am an USA Driving Instructor looking to relocate to Brasov, ROMANIA.  Would like to provide private, group
lessons to students.  Does anyone know how I can do this?  Thank you.  Robert si Aurora

Hi

I tried to pass twice the theoretical part, and failed... i really need help and more up to date materials.
i get some but very old. you mentioned some materials in English. Where could i found this material in english.

thanks in advance for your help.

bye

gabriel

hello ihave chang my pakistan licince can you help mi

iqbal khawaja javed wrote:

hello ihave chang my pakistan licince can you help mi

:/
Not enough information! What exactly is your problem?  More details will be helpful in suggesting a solution.

Romaniac

Hey WiedemS

I'm a foreigner living in Romania currently and I want to get my driving test done here. However, as you may know, its not the easiest thing. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with the test material as you mentioned you had them in English. I've looked everywhere and i can't seem to locate any good learning material..

I would really appreciate it. Thank You and sorry for any trouble caused. :D

BB

bluebird980 wrote:

Hey WiedemS

I'm a foreigner living in Romania currently and I want to get my driving test done here. However, as you may know, its not the easiest thing. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with the test material as you mentioned you had them in English. I've looked everywhere and i can't seem to locate any good learning material..

I would really appreciate it. Thank You and sorry for any trouble caused. :D

BB

Be advised that WiedemS has been inactive since February 2014, so it may be unlikely that you'll get a response from that member.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Even if you learn in english, how are you going to take the test which is in romanian?!

Bogdan_P wrote:

Even if you learn in english, how are you going to take the test which is in romanian?!

The test is offered in 5 languages (English, French, Germany, Hungarian, Romanian), has been since 2008.

Romaniac

I googled it and there are a few driving schools that offer english courses, they should also have the tests in english.
I don't want to give links and favor some over others.

Niconico123456789 wrote:

Hi, can you give me the materials and answers for the exam?  :p I really need them..

You can find some English language materials at Librarie.net

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Hey - so just a heads up for Americans with valid driver's licenses. If you are still in America and you want to be able to drive in Romania, you need to get an International Driver's permit. You can google your local AAA and for a small fee and some passport sized photos, you can get the international permit and skip all of this pesky business overseas :)

Much thanks Magnolia...I'm a Driving Instructor in the States and I wondered about this.

magnolia15 wrote:

Hey - so just a heads up for Americans with valid driver's licenses. If you are still in America and you want to be able to drive in Romania, you need to get an International Driver's permit. You can google your local AAA and for a small fee and some passport sized photos, you can get the international permit and skip all of this pesky business overseas :)

Careful Magnolia, this is (somewhat) true if you're an American here as a tourist.  Actually, I had a couple of stops by police when I first arrived and all they wanted to see was my passport and license, they didn't care at all about the IDP, so it was somewhat worthless, but I wouldn't advocate not getting it.  The IDP is essentially nothing more than a translation and universal format that signatory nations agreed on.  If you plan to come here to reside, you'll still need an official translation by an authorized translator in order to exchange it.

Romania recognizes foreign licenses up to 90 days (length of tourist stay) or until a long-stay D-visa expires (up to 1 year). If you settle here and receive a residence permit (permis de sedere), you do need to exchange your license by law.  This is based on the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic.  The reverse is true for Romanians in USA also generally, though it can differ from state to state.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

"Romania recognizes foreign licenses up to 90 days"

Just to clarify, foreign licences from other EU states are valid until their expiry. So, theoretically, if you didn't fancy taking the test in Romania, you could do it in another EU country and then just use the licence in Romania. After it expires, you can just change it for a Romanian licence without retaking the test.

Maykal wrote:

"Romania recognizes foreign licenses up to 90 days"

Just to clarify, foreign licences from other EU states are valid until their expiry. So, theoretically, if you didn't fancy taking the test in Romania, you could do it in another EU country and then just use the licence in Romania. After it expires, you can just change it for a Romanian licence without retaking the test.

Correct, thanks for pointing that out. Although, I was talking about American licenses. Maybe it's more correct to say, most non-EU licenses are valid 90 days or the visa validity :) I would think that most people with an EU license know that it's good here, and wouldn't be concerned with an IDP to come here? :)

Romaniac

Yes, I think most know that now, particularly from continental Europe where they're more like to cross borders by car. I've met a lot of Brits, though, who didn't know they could use their licence beyond the old-style 90 days. I suppose this only changed after 2007. It's a pity that we drive on the left in the UK, otherwise it'd be a good option for English speakers wanting to obtain an EU-valid driving licence with English-language tuition and testing.