England office processing times for the NZ Resident VISA

Hi All,

I have been invited to apply for the resident visa to NZ under skilled migrant category  :) . Recently NZ Visa office has made an announcement to send all the resident applications from Indian background to London, UK instead of Mumbai, India.

I wonder whether the London office process VISA applications faster?. or even slower?. The reason I ask is because a communication email from London office says ' the case officer will be assigned in 4-6 months' but where as for my friend who sent his application to Mumbai office he got case officer assigned with in 2 weeks.  That's a big difference!!! right there...

Please let me know if you processed your residence application from London office!! or if you know anything about it.
Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Hi there

I can only hope the process situation has improved significantly since we made our residency application through the London office 7 years ago.  We were both skilled migrants and on the skill shortage list.  Despite this, it took over a year to get through the process, even though my husband had several job offers.

I know many people come here on a work permit and apply for residency from the NZ end.  Personally I think that is a better way to do it if you can meet the requirements for a work permit.  Going for residency is a huge step to take when you don't actually know if you will like living here.  My asian friends living in NZ all have contacts who help them through the permanent residency process.

Good luck with whatever you decide.   :)

I doubt whether London office takes less time than anywhere else to process visa applications. Each application is done case by case as each application is different and the attached documentation takes time to be verified.

Thanks for your replty @colinsmum ....yes, applying for a PR is a huge step but we can adjust as long as we have a good source of income and we didnt heard any thing bad about country so we decided to go directly for a PR. My understanding is a person with a PR is preferred in getting job early than a work permit by employers I might be wrong also.

As you said you came to country as a skilled migrant 7 years ago so you can be our guide to tell us about how it has been so far in country and how is IT job market now?.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Ok thanks @stumpy

Hi bharat,
We are also in the same position. I have submitted my residence application with London branch on Oct. Got a reply that a case officer will be assigned in 4 months. Later got another notification due to some new changes introduced in processing...it will take 6 months. Do share your experiences. IT is the industry I am looking as well.
To add my filipina friend who submitted the application in Mumbai branch got her visa stamped in the 9 th month of her application.
Thanks,
Shabana

Hi Shibana,

Thanks for your reply. It is sad to hear that London office taking 6 months just to assign a case officer. I have colleague who applied in early of last year and her application was processed faster much in Mumbai office. A case officer was assigned with in few weeks and she got PR within four months from the time she filed for the PR.

I regret now why I didn't apply a few months earlier and could have got the PR by now. Any way I will keep you posted regarding my status and concerns. Please keep in touch.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Thanks for the reply bharat. I believe you are taking about residency. PR can obtained after u secure resident visa and after completing the requirements for PR. Residence visa is for two years. What to do??? Fingers crossed. Will you keep posted as well.

Hi Shabana,
Yes I meant resident visa.  :)  not PR. Yes, 2 years we got to obey all the rules hahaha... :mad:

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Hi bharat,
I read today in inz website that for all applications received on 2014, a case officer will be assigned between Feb 2015 and June 2015. Do u have updates from England branch.
Thanks,
Shabana

Hi all .. any updates for anyone  who have submitted their ITA application by last quarter of 2014 to England branch. Please share with me....would like to get in touch with friends who are in the sane boat.

Hi Shabana,
As I said one of my colleague also applied for resident visa with me last year. He sent his application to Mumbai branch on Aug8th, 2014. He got a CO assigned and after two months of processing and right at the time of scheduling an interview, it moved to London branch. Now he got a reply on March 10th that CO is assigned and he again doing the processing from scratch (which is sad part and annohing). So if you calulate from Aug9'14 to Mar10'15 them it took him 7 months for a CO to get assigned.
Bharath Jakkani

Thanks bharat for the reply...mine is turning 6 months on April first week.
Regards,
Shabana

Hi guys,
I've got the same case, application submitted at the beginning on Oct 2014, first info: 1-4 months, second info: till 6 months. This 6 months period will finish in first week of April, but I still don't have any news :(

Hi Justynab,
We too are frustrated with the delay. One of my collegue has heard after 6 months so I wish you may expect soon.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Hi justynab,

I have crossed the six months line now. As I mentioned before saw a notification in website all 2014 application will be processed by June 2015. So hope we all get co assigned by that time. Do keep posted if their is any developments.
Thanks,
Shabana.

Hey friends a happy news...i got a CO yesterday. she needs some additional info. And she wants to have an interview with me to check my English language proficiency. My husband is the primary applicant. She said 20 to 25 mins....and it will be an informal interview.
Anybody have any idea of this type of interview...please help me

Hi there! I'm Reynaldo Punongbayan from the Philippines but I'm currently working here in Saudi Arabia as an Assistant of our General Manager here in Blameda Restaurant and I'm looking for a job in a Hotel or Fine Dine Restaurant in any Country like New Zealand, Australia, Canada, England, Italy,  except Arab country, As long as I can bring my family with me, is there anyone here or knows who are currently working in any Hotel or Restaurant that can refer me? please little help will do. I really want to start applying now so I will be process as soon as possible, I kinda feel unsafe here in Saudi.

thanks guys...

Renaldo Punongbayan

Hello Reynaldo P.,

I would propose you to read this article Work visas in New Zealand so that you can know about the procedures.

Concerning your intention to apply in other countries,i would suggest you to browse on the Destination section on the green banner.

Regards,
Yuveshen

Hello guys,

Good to see the discussion on the Resident Visa under SMC. I lodged my ITA pack to Mumbai branch in the 1st week of Oct 2014. later my application was transferred to London branch in Dec 2014 & Case officer was assigned in Apr 2015.

She requested further information and I had submitted everything that she asked for. I have 135 points with No job offer. Worked in NZ for nearly an year with business & work permit Visas and returned to India. Not sure how it goes and how long it will take.

Waiting for the outcome..

Cheers,
Kris.

Hi Kris,
I just wanted to understand one thing here. Did you work in NZ before and came to india and now you are applying for resident visa?.

Hi Bharath,

Yes I worked earlier on Business Visa, then converted to Work permit then I returned after was ended. Then applied for Resident Visa from India.

Hi guys,

we finally got a move. The immigration oficer asked for further proofs on our mariage stability and my husband had a phone interview with him. Around 4 weeks after the interview our status changed to "approved" :) But we still didn't receive “Approval in Principle”  e-mail and didn't pay migrant levy yet. Anyway - the most difficult part is over! :)

How about you all? Did somthing change? All applications from last year were supposed to be processed by June...

Hi justynab,
We also got the green signal and the AIP...email as well. As we are trying to stamp the visa in dubai itself, just waiting for the e transfer of file to dubai office.
Hey by the way when are u planning to move??

Great news! Congrats! :)

We'll be moving in September - just bought tickets for 6th (through Dubai :)

Congratulations on the move!!!...so are u based in Poland. We are planning early Jan. So which industry are u working?
Keep in touch. :)
Thanks,
Shabana

Approve in principle mail is sent by same case officer who is assigned to the case ?  My case officer is on leave for 10 days, But got approved status for the application .

Hearty Congratulations Suryan..by the way can you share the dates and time frames of your application pls..

Thank you .  Best of luck.

Applied for residence on sept 23 2014. Case officer assigned in june 2015.  Got approved status on July 8 2015. Still waiting for approved in principle mail.

Received AIP mail from my CO :)

Congrats Kris.

Thanks Suryan..

Suryan, I have got couple doubts.

Can we send the Migrant Levy & other requested docs to London & passports for stickers to INZ India branch?
And if so, does it take more time for file transfer and other stuff?
I need the best & quickest way of stickers on my passport & I wouldnt mind sending it to London or INZ India Branch

Any thoughts?

Congratulations kris and suryan. In my case I didn't sent to London. Did the stamping in dubai.

Thanks Shabana..I think we have to send Migrant Levy London only and passports to any nearest INZ branch. correct me if I am wrong..

Yes u are rite. After they receive the migrant levy,they will electronically transfer ur file to the inz office in my case dubai and in yours india. You can go their once they confirm and get the stickers done. I really don't want to sent the passports across. So went to dubai.

By the way when are u planning to move to nz??

Thanks,
Shabana

I am planning to move by end of Aug or 1st week of Sept. and you?

By end of Dec or by early Jan.

Hello everyone,  :cheers:

Just a simple reminder :

You are most welcomed to contribute to the topic - England office processing times for the NZ Resident VISA.

However, if you have something in particular to ask to a member which is not related to the topic, please do so by using private messaging.

This will help in keeping the thread clean so as members of the New Zealand forum could easily find infos they are looking for.

Thank you for your participation so far,  :thanks:
Bhavna

Hi! I somehow missed your replies :(

I'm moving on 6th September (yeah!!) together with my husban and two kids. My primary concern is to find a good primary school and kindergarden, and the second - of course - a nice and well-paid job :) We both work in IT - the market seems to be still good for IT, but who knows... :)

Happy to be her with you, guys! :)