Coming to Kiev

I'm coming to Kiev in mid July

I was in Kiev in 2003 and loved it.  I rented an apartment on 5 or 7 Kostolnaya Street and it suited me perfectly.  But I've read horror stories on line about how things have changed.  Trying to book an apartment in Kiev beforehand is a problem.  You book and pay your money and when you get there you find you did not rent the apartment pictured.  You rented the other one 5 metro stops away -- small and unclean.

Do you know any reputable Ukrainian landlords I can trust?

I am a high school teacher so I'm not looking for first class -- just clean and nice near Maidan Nozelesnosti and Krishatyk.

Hello,

I have reliable people who can offer you apartment, you can pay when you will come, if you will see it and like it.

If you want to contact me, *********
Kind regards, Olga

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Thank you, Olga.  I think that it would be best if I take a hotel for 2-3 days so I can look at the apartments people have posted.  As I said, I had a couple bad experiences.  Olga, do you speak English or German by any chance?  If not, I have a voice translator for my iPhone that works very well.  I will also send this to your email.  I look forward to meeting you when I am in Kiev.

Good day!
Could you be more specific and give more details when and for how long you planning your stay.
There is a nice apartment that suit your requests and you may come and see before making up your mind.
Feel free to contact me. I speak English well, so no need for translater :)

Hi,
My fiancee and I have a couple of friends, both female, who live in Kiev and who might be able to help you. Very nice, respectable, honest, helpful people. If you'd like, I could forward your query to them and see what they say. One of them was the co-author of the ebook "Ukrainian Phrasebook, Dictionary, Menu Guide & Interactive Factbook" that's listed in the Books section of the Classifieds here.

Poka!

Bob

Thanks, Bob.  It can't hurt.  I'll respond to your email with my email information to forward to the girls.

Steve McCoy