We have a lot of question about the country.

Hi my name is Louise.
We are a couple with a 4 old children. We are french and we lived in guadeloupe for 7 years.
My husband had a trainig to work in pakse in laos.
Does it safe with a child.?
We wonder if my children could go to school?
Thanks for your answers

louise971 wrote:

Hi my name is Louise.
We are a couple with a 4 old children. We are french and we lived in guadeloupe for 7 years.
My husband had a trainig to work in pakse in laos.
Does it safe with a child.?
We wonder if my children could go to school?
Thanks for your answers

No problem with children's safety as Laos is a family oriented country as they are Buddhist and hold great store in their children.
In Pakse the schools are very limited but there is an International style bilingual school (English and Lao) opening in Pakse at the start of the new school year in September. Eastern Star Bilingual school. They have a campus in Vientiane and an online search will find their contact details.

For other information please read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page and in the Laos forum.
Feel free to ask any specific questions and I am sure members will endeavor to answer you.

I suggest that you start learning the language as French is not widely spoken here now.

Out of curiosity what sort of work will your husband be doing in Pakse ??

Hi Louise,

I just want to inform you that a new thread has been created with your post on the Laos forum for a more effective communication with the members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi
Thanks for all your answers.
This is perfect for the new school in pakse!!
My husband had a job interview for work on rice their.

I have others questions!
Are there in paksé a lot of supermarkets?
We lived in guadeloupe and we used to go to the beach.
Can we swim there?
I saw that the palu is there, thats right?
Do you thingk I could find a job in marketing or sale?

thanks

My observation would be its an interesting country, but even Vientiane has not developed yet to the level perhaps you are expecting.

louise971 wrote:

Hi
Thanks for all your answers.
This is perfect for the new school in pakse!!
My husband had a job interview for work on rice their.

I have others questions!
Are there in paksé a lot of supermarkets?
We lived in guadeloupe and we used to go to the beach.
Can we swim there?
I saw that the palu is there, thats right?
Do you thingk I could find a job in marketing or sale?

thanks

Supermarkets as such do not exist in Pakse. There is a market and plenty of shops but you have to wander around to find them.
There are no beaches either and I am sure you do not want to go swimming in the Mekong river !! The bigger hotels have pools and I am sure some of them allow public access for a price. Just Google search for the hotels.

Jobs for you will be difficult in Pakse. It is the provincial capital for Champassak province but there is not much work there for expats at all.

Can you please explain what palu is ??

@louise971

How is it all going with you and your planned move to Pakse ??