New members of the Algeria forum, introduce yourself here

please share with us your experience in algeria! just to inform you, i run away from that country where i've spent 35 years of my life, just studying and working. i couldn't see myself, born, live and died in algeria, i wouldn't say that i've lived.
hope to hear from you soon.
lounessement

please share with us your experience in algeria! just to inform you, i run away from that country where i've spent 35 years of my life, just studying and working. i couldn't see myself, born, live and died in algeria, i wouldn't say that i've lived.
hope to hear from you soon.
lounessement

Darlingsayang,

How is living in Algeria? Has it been difficult adjusting to life there?  Do the men treat their wives good? Was the language hard to learn?

Thank you for answering.

hi darling, i will try to answer and willing to be as objective as possible.
first of all, everywhere in the world there is bad people and good people, but as fare i know, the algerian men would died for their wives if its necessary! meaning as long as their wives obeis them and accept their conditions they are more than happy to be with them. And as you should know, being two, the two should get to the agreement to be together, and there will always be concessions.

i have to mention that algerien have a strong attempt to control their environment, that's their condition to feel secure. so, controlling the wife, the kids and their education, their career, their own friends and the whole society if its needed too. as they consider their family members as a part of them, that's why they will allowed some behavior and not another.
about the language, we have a official language which is arabic, but the algerian speak a different arabic dialect, and its not the same dialect form a city to another. we also have an old language which is amazigh, they both are difficult to learn, but the basics would be learned by the time.
people have a lot of respect for foreigners, and they are very friendly, i'm sure that you will enjoy your time out there.
take care and please feel free to write me if you have any other enquiries .
lounessement

Lounessment,

Thank you for answering. It is exactly that controlling aspect 80% of men share that worries me. I have never done well with that for the long term, mostly because the ones trying to be controlling were horrifically abusive. I do not know quite how to explain that to my friend(he says the past is the past). The language, while it sounds like a hard language to learn, I am fairly good at picking up languages.
I am glad most will accept us foreigners...lol

the controlling strategy is deeper in our society, and everyone can gets involved in any other family business!
that's an old heritage from the past where our ancestors had to look after a certain social cohesion! by blaming whats wrong and encouraging relatively good attitudes.
the remains of this old social behavior is to ensure that the others members of society will always respect you in relation to your wife, kids, and family members. as the respect is owed to the man only for keeping his family clean and respectable.
There is a trick, if you want your man to be with you and look after your kids and your priceless family members, try to avoid him hanging out with a loads of other algerian friends. as the rules always comes from the society. as its external influence, get to stop it from the root.
its also very important to know that we algerian, we have a huge lack of affection, so if you've patient and strong determination to bring love and happiness to your household, its very important to communicate with him and tell him straightforward what really annoys you and very importantly what you really like in his behavior too.
behind our aggressivity there is a huge lack of affection and by controlling we feel more secure.

i can write a book about algerians, even here in the UK, i had to discover their outrageous behavior and attitude.
it's pity, instead of working on ourselves, on our lacks and defective thinking, we focus on other to accept us by violence and threat. a whole life waste in incertitude and fears of future, fear to be cheated, to be ignored, to be abandoned, to be under other's light... we really believe that what others think about us is more important than we think about ourselves
wish you all the best and never forget: thought became things.

Lounessenment,

Excellent information. I can see see a similarty to other nationalities....

He is a school teacher, and as everyone knows school teachers work many unpaid hours.

So, openly telling him how to approach me would help? I have told him I would have bad issues with "orders" but a very nicely put request is always welcome....I firmly believe in compromise....and have mentioned the lack of affection... I suggested the simple kiss on cheek when leaving or coming home, and maybe hold my hand when walking at say the park or something. I have never been a type of person to  being excessively affectionate in public...

If there are other major things you think of that us foreigners should know and respect, please share.

I greatly appreciate everyone's information and time taken doe sharing.

hi, hope you're all right!

in human relationships and interactions, there is nothing better than communication. its so fare the best strategy!

i don't really know the reason of your next visit to algeria and for how long that will be, but i want to suggest you, if your man is living with his other family members ( brothers, sisters, dad and mom) just avoid kissing him or touching him in the front of them. those very affectionate contacts are believed to be private, and intimate to the couple.

we all know, how a woman gets pregnant, and how baby is been conceived, but in algerian culture its not a subject of a chat, and anything related to sex, erotism even boyfriend/girlfriend is kept taboo, a secret and its details only belongs to whom its concern.

wish you all the best,

Salaam.
I'm new to this forum.
I wish to learn more about Algeria and wish I can live there one day InSha'Allah .

:)

Hi! Glad to hear that you're interested to live in Algeria in the future!
I have spent 35 years of my life there and I know a lot, but In order to help you out with information that you're seeking! I'd love to know, what is exactly you wanted to know about algeria

Im a US citizen living here in London, UK but my fiance is Algerian living in Algeria. We have been together almost 4 years now and have been trying to figure  out our situation. Our families know of our relationship and have warmly and respectfully accepted our decision. For me especially...i was very nervous that his family will not but it was really the opposite. His parents have especially welcomed me to the family and considered me as one if their daughter. I dearly love them AS my own and we would like to get married soon but don't know how to go about with it. So if anyone have any ideas...please let me know. :)
Fyi..all i can say is that through my fiance and his family....i have only good things I can say about Algerians by my observation...even hearsay.
I understand the difficulties of living there but Algeria is my heart honestly.
My fiance is quite possessive with me but I am.happy and i understand from a Muslim point of view.
I only wish to get on with our lives asap.

Hi!
I'm glad that you love your man! And really wish to spent your life close to him.
If he is in Algeria, and you're here in London! The only way to unit you is he applies for a visa to uk. It's quicker..
But if you go there and you register your Marriage, I think that it's would take him longer  to get in here!
I don't know your man, but as fare as I know, every Algerian is seeking to leave Algeria. I will be very surprised if you will move together  to Algeria for long.
Good luck anyway and wish you all the best. Please feel free to ask for more details or with other inquiries!
I'm in this website to help if I could but mainly to practice my English writing and let's say speaking too.
Sincerely your's
Lounes

Hi Lounes,
What do you mean that you'll be very surprised if we move together in Algeria?
We do plan to settle there in the long run.
Kind regards,
Zahra

Please don't get me wrong! I wanted to say and I actually wrote it down: as fare I know all Algerian want to live out of Algeria!
Frankly, all you want is to be with your man! So there or here it doesn't really matter to you. But you are more luckily to settle with your man in uk or US than to stay in Algeria. Unless he has a very interesting job or have a huge responsibility to stay there.
I'm a vet by qualification and by profession, I have been studying for 25 years! I was really good! But now I'm in London working as kitchen porter. what does that tell you???.
Moreover! I' m not very representative of the Algerian community and we all different!
Hope to hear from you soon

Oh ok. I understand.
Why do you think it will be easier for him to apply to come here?.
I thought it would be more difficult no?

If you go to Algeria and sucribe the mariage there, then he could apply for. Citizensheap and it's takes time, and more if you're a British citizen it's take around 2 years to get his Citizensheap to be able to come! The best way and the easiest is if he apply for a visa to come here and once here you could Marry him and he can stay with you for ever And could go where ever you want too!
Happy marriage

lounessement wrote:

as fare I know all Algerian want to live out of Algeria!

I hope you don't get used for immigration reasons, as many have later came to realize.

I understand your concern. Don't worry...Im quite close to his family and I speak with them everyday. I think they are  good people.
:)
Thanks.

Hi everybody,

Just to make it clear that this topic has been created for the introduction of the new members only.

Can we please avoid being off topic on this thread? If you still wish to talk on an another subject, you can create a new thread on the Algeria forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi I am new to the Algerian forum. There is a good chance my husband and I will be moving to Algiers in the coming months.

hi,
i am from india i have finished btech mechanical.
i have done a course on quality control engineering on petrolium indudtry

i am intrested to go to algeria and need help

Hi,I'm new in here I'm 28 years old Algerian architect, I've been managing my own office since 2014,we have been participating in many competitions but no chance...i want to try myself in big architecture firm,or abroad, i want to use all my skills, and knowledge... I've been trying to get visa to Poland but no chance neither :/ ...i speak english,French and Arabic"mother language"...so guys: any advices or orientations....I'll be very thankful :)

Hi, Im jessica from holland. Im considering moving in algeria, im a nurse by the way. I speak dutch and english. I would like to ask for some advice , is it possible for me to get a work ? What the easiest way to get a visa?

Thank you very much for your time.

Greetings,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica!
Why do you want to go and work in Algeria??? Hope you don't mind of me asking!!!
The main language in Algeria is Arabic, the second is French but it's not spoken by every Algerian! You could move to uk or Germany and will get more money and decent life!

Hi,
thank you for your response, no i dont mind you asking why i want to work in Algeria.
There's a guy, asking me to come over but i dont want to be dependent. I tought, if i could get a job while getting to know each other would be better.

Im living here in holland, basically i have everything, but for some reason i felt lonely. I guess money cant buy love? is that what you call it?

Greetings,
jessica.

For some reasons! We can't talk that much on that blog !
So, I will email to you private email and we will get this sorted out!

jessiemrie2679 wrote:

Hi,
thank you for your response, no i dont mind you asking why i want to work in Algeria.
There's a guy, asking me to come over but i dont want to be dependent. I tought, if i could get a job while getting to know each other would be better.

Im living here in holland, basically i have everything, but for some reason i felt lonely. I guess money cant buy love? is that what you call it?

Greetings,
jessica.

Moving from Holland to Algeria is a step backwards. A big step backwards. People emigrate out of Algeria usually, not migrate in. I suppose you can visit him in Algeria whenever you have breaks from work, rather than moving there, as I'm certain you will regret it. Travel has become cheap & convenient.

"i have everything, but for some reason i felt lonely."

Please know that many men in the developing world are looking for "lonely" women to take advantage of their situation. They will say all the right things to them, and give them plenty of attention. You might be enjoying it, but I would seriously suggest you take your time.

Salaam Brother,
I am a former Architect but I switched field to Mechanical Engineering. If you wish I can help to get you in touch with some of the biggest Structural and Civil Engineering companies I used to work for but they are based in the USA.
I suggest you try to network with them. They often employ and keep contacts from North Africa to the Middle East for future projects. Most of the projects I used to work on where commercial buildings with customers from the Middle East to China and such. If you are interested in this kind of work I suggest you try to network with them.
Best Regards,
Zahra

Well i dont know if ur post is my answer !! Everything is public in this blog :| ,so in case it's for me,thanks alot for response, and yes i would love to get in touch with any of these companies.

Yes hi...it's for you.
I added you just in case.
I'll  send you the info now.

Cheers Ahki!
Z.

Hi everyone, My name is Sofiane. I'm 39 years old and I'm new at this blog, I'm from Algeria, I live in London for the past 20 years, I work as head chef on Canary Wharf, planing to go back home sometime in near future.

Thanks
Sofiane Amour

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic

hi
i'm from morocco, here for a couple of months and enjoying it
thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495007

Thanks!

Closed