In Zaragoza....?

hola! i recently moved to ZGZ from san francisco to be with my fiance, and i am looking to meet other expats in this city. very curious to know who else is out there, that is new and feels a bit isolated?

i am attending the university to learn spanish, and it's only been 8 months so i have a loooong way to go. i am trying to adjust to  my new life here as everything is incredibly different for me.

i am 38, so i am not looking to go bar hopping or dancing all night long; rather meeting for a coffee or beer would be great!

looking forward to making some connections.

cheers!

Hello SFchica.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi, I hope the situation changes for you soon. It must be terrible to feel lonely. I am sure you expected it a bit as moving to a new country is like a new relationship with its own phases; honeymoon to misery to estatic, to acceptance that things are just different here and its okay.

I am sure you will meet lots of friends soon. There are a few expats site/blogs out there. Maybe check them all out? It couldnt hurt.

Cheers

Hey.. So how do you find Zaragoza? I have been here like 2.5 years and I was studying spanish language in the university. Im not out for clubbing n dancing too but a nice cup of tea or coffee would be great. If you are still keen to make some more friends here, let me know :D
Jacky from Singapore

Hello Jacky > just to inform you that this is an old topic, you may start a new one on the Spain forum ;)

any recommendations on a cheap and good accommodation in zaragoza?

ive been here 27 years and all my friends are spanish ,although my spanish is terrible yet i get by  why didnt i learn wel;l i worked in gib for ten years,no spanish then by the time i needed to i was 7o ,get to know the people their the worlds best