Moving to Dusseldorf - Germany [Datamatics Group]

I am from Mumbai - India having 11 yrs of experience in software. Got a job offer from a company for Dusseldorf.
How much will be cost of living there for single person? I am not bringing my family along. That I will decide after saving for 6 months.

This company Datamatics Group offered me a job and my net pay will be approx 3000 euro. They have branch at DUS. They will give me Job-security primarily i.e. I will be on their payroll and placed in other German companies. I will get contract from them for few months etc.

I will get income even if I am not on contract and just sitting idle for some period of time.

But they have asked for originals of my documents which they will give back later after 3-4 months.

Also there will be salary increase etc but that depends upon my performance.

Can anyone please comment on how is this job offer.
Also please let me know if I can survive with that much salary with my family of 3 members.

SureshAm wrote:

I am from Mumbai - India having 11 yrs of experience in software. Got a job offer from a company for Dusseldorf.
How much will be cost of living there for single person? I am not bringing my family along. That I will decide after saving for 6 months.

This company Datamatics Group offered me a job and my net pay will be approx 3000 euro. They have branch at DUS. They will give me Job-security primarily i.e. I will be on their payroll and placed in other German companies. I will get contract from them for few months etc.

I will get income even if I am not on contract and just sitting idle for some period of time.

But they have asked for originals of my documents which they will give back later after 3-4 months.

Also there will be salary increase etc but that depends upon my performance.

Can anyone please comment on how is this job offer.
Also please let me know if I can survive with that much salary with my family of 3 members.

Are you getting accommodation, transport, family medical insurance cover, schooling, annual flights home. If not these costs will eat into your salary and need to be factored in to any calculations
I suggest that you read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page for information.
For rents try the housing section at the top of this page. You can also try www.numbeo.com

If you get €3000/month after tax and other deductions (note that it is VERY unusual in Germany to offer net pay!), this is plenty for a single person, but tight for a family of 3 - especially if you want to send your kid to an international school (i.e. non-German-speaking), travel home every year and have some savings too.
If it is €3000/month BEFORE tax and deductions, you will get around €1850/month cashed out as a single, which is still plenty. But with your family (different tax class) you'll get €2150/month, which will not be enough.

Thank You Stumpy  and Beppi for replies. Im also thinking about the same, whether 3K eur is sufficient salary to live happy, contented life in cities like Munich. Also the company is paying after deducting the tax. Im not aware how this net payment thing works, because if I'm on work permit, I will have to get an German income tax number. Anyone heard about this company Datamatics group ? Im eager to know if anyone has worked through this company in Europe.

Hi Suresh,

I also got similar offer from Datamatics.Have joined the company?
I am bit confused about the salary part. They offered  2700 Euro Take home. that means excluding tax.
Can you please contact me ?

Hi,

I have also got the offer from Datamatics. Have you guys joined the company and what is your visa status?

Thanks

Hi any idea.
which all questions they ask for mobile app testing in datamatics Germany.

Do not join this company, they don't have a project and if you don't know German that too fluent, you will not get job.
Don't submit your documents and don't sign any contract.