Water dispenser

I would like to get one of those water dispensers for home, I have seen them for sale at the hypermarkets but does anyone know if you can hire them and is there a service that replaces the bottles?

You can get weekly deliveries from Nestle and Al Manhal. See what other people in your area (compound) are using as that will be the easiest. You need to call them in advance, they will then come to you on their normal delivery day and you purchase a book of coupons. About 12-14BD for a book (of 20 I think)

They will not give you a bottle without an exchange so buy your first bottle from any of the shops (About 2BD)

Write your name and address on the back of the coupon as there is theft of coupons in some compounds - luckily not mine.

You do not need to hire a water cooler. I bought one that does hot and cold water with a built in fridge for 32BD (Lulu's)

With Nestlé, when they come to bring the first bottle, tell them you are also interested in buying a water dispenser. For 20BD, I received 20 coupons and a basic water dispenser (set-top) for the kitchen. I think they have other models for more money that cools / warms the water and include more coupons. For Nestlé, you can call 17400442.

Thanks guys, purchased a dispenser this morning and nestle have already delivered water. Very quick service.

Excellent news

Next time you can just call them. It is an automated phone call, you just press the number of bottles you want and they will bring it the next day. If you are not at home, you can just leave the empty bottle in front of your door and put the coupon underneath the bottle. They will come and collect the bottle and the coupon and replace it with a full bottle.

Afternoon all,

I thought I would just ask details of which suppliers everyone uses, and what their prices are?  The compound where we will be living has a few who come there and I am trying to figure out which would be best to go with when I come out to visit in April.

Many thanks

Sarah

I use Nestle. They supplied the dispenser and drop off water weekly and as required.

I also use Nestle. I buy a book of tickets which contains about 20 coupons and whenever I need water, I leave the empty bottle with the coupon underneath in front of my door and when I come back from work, I find the replaced water bottle in front of my door. Very convenient.

http://www.nestle-family.com/pure-life/english/

They are all as good as each other. Aqua Cool, Nestlé etc - downside to Nestlé bottles is they don't have a handle on the side which makes it difficult for the girls/maids to lift on to the water cooler dispenser. They are all about the same price, work off the same method (book of tickets) and come on different days sometimes. I use two now as I ended up with so many bottles.

Also use Nestle - bought the dispenser from Geant supermarket as it was cheaper.  I think a bottle works out about 800fils or so. Very convenient - we live in an individual villa and have had no problems leaving the bottle and voucher outside and if I forget they ring me to see if I need water.

how u can get weekly deliveries from Nestle or Al Manhal. and from where i can  purchase a book of coupons. can anyone send me the number who delivers it at home

https://www.nestle-family.com/pure-life … order.aspx

There is the online order page.  If you prefer to phone them you can find their number at the bottom of the page.

Good luck