Moving to warsaw, question about apartment rentals

I was curious, how does it work to get an apartment. We have been offered an apartment that is owned by a family friend, but not sure we want to take it. I wanted to look into what the process is like to get an apartment.

We will be moving to Warsaw, so we don't have any established credit there. We are both self employed and our business will continue to be run from the USA. So if we want to rent an apartment, is there a way we can still do so without having credit established in Warsaw?

The safest way is to work with an agent, for example from homebroker.pl/
Poland doesn't have credit score system, they slowly develop what we are used to in US.
Typically you sign the 1-year contract, pay one month security, and one month rent and you can move in.

In the past the eviction process was very slow and convoluted, protecting certain groups (like single mothers), against rightful owners (leftovers from communism). In result many people were cautious, required notary agreement to ensure the tenant will not stay beyond the contract dates. Now is much easier. I know some people renting in Warsaw.

What size of the apartment are you looking for, and in which area? Remember Poles are counting rooms, not bedrooms.

Awesome!! thank you so much for the reply. we are trying to find a good agent. can you send me a private message and send me the link, because it doesn't show up.
We were thinking of just looking for an apartment on our own and see if we can find one.
We want 3 rooms (so 2 berdooms) in the central area, srodmiescie, powisle, stare miasto or mokotow. we are pretty open to the area. We have found many places for a decent price, so it's just a matter of being there and finding a place.
We will live in warsaw for 2 weeks and look for an apartment in that time. we were just there for a month and a half just to see if we like it.
Thanks so much for your advice.

Beataenglert wrote:

Awesome!! thank you so much for the reply. we are trying to find a good agent. can you send me a private message and send me the link, because it doesn't show up.
We were thinking of just looking for an apartment on our own and see if we can find one.
We want 3 rooms (so 2 berdooms) in the central area, srodmiescie, powisle, stare miasto or mokotow. we are pretty open to the area. We have found many places for a decent price, so it's just a matter of being there and finding a place.
We will live in warsaw for 2 weeks and look for an apartment in that time. we were just there for a month and a half just to see if we like it.
Thanks so much for your advice.

I suggest you read through the rentals in the housing section located in the green banner at the top of this page. You can also place a free ad there too.

Great, thanks so much. I am still learning how to navigate this site and where everything is. I will check it out for sure! thank you

Generally you will not need credit as such. it depends what you mean by credit?
Basically if you want to rent a room or apartment you would usually sign a 6 months contract and pay one months deposit.
If your rent is 1000zl then you would pay 2000, 100 for the first month, and 1000 deposit.
It works in similar ways here to that in America.