Advice from international College students needed

Hi!
My name is Malin and I am from Germany. I am currently in the USA, spending a year abroad in High School. Soon, I will go back and finish school in Germany, but I would like to go to college in the U.S. Because the application process for collge and scholarships is still confusing to me, I was hoping to find people who were or are in the same situation as me (maybe also from Germany), who could give me advice on the application process and college in general and/or recommend useful websites, etc.
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi Malin,

I'm from Brazil and I went to college in the U.S., so I understand how complicated it is for foreigners to understand the American higher education system. I have written a blog post explaining a little bit about how college works in the U.S.
Here's the link: abroadee.com/2013/08/20/american-higher-education-undergraduate/
Feel free to contact me if you have more specific questions about it.

Good luck!

Juliana

Thanks a lot!
May I ask if ypu are presently staying in the U.S.? And if yes, how did that work out for you? Because I read that it is very complicated to get a work visa in less you work in IT, Math, Science, etc.
Again, thank you very much for your help. :)

maliin wrote:

Hi!
My name is Malin and I am from Germany. I am currently in the USA, spending a year abroad in High School. Soon, I will go back and finish school in Germany, but I would like to go to college in the U.S. Because the application process for collge and scholarships is still confusing to me, I was hoping to find people who were or are in the same situation as me (maybe also from Germany), who could give me advice on the application process and college in general and/or recommend useful websites, etc.
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi,

My daughter wants to apply to College for 2017-2018. I checked some website and it's appear that it took some time to built the file.

if you want to apply for a University in Florida, you can check this website:
http://www.florida-lingua.com/fran%C3%A … sa-canada/

I met the lady who manage it. Very interresting .

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot  :)

You can apply for an OPT (Optional Practical Training) after you graduate and work in the U.S. for a year (if you study math, engineering or anything like that, you can work in the U.S. after you graduate for 2 years with the OPT program). After that, you need to convince your employer to became your sponsor for an H1-B visa. You can find more info here: http://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/f-1 … quirements

Thank you so much! :) That was really helpful... I found your YouTube Channel and showed it to a brazilian friend of mine. She really liked it!  ;) I really love your blog, I can identify with a lot of topics you describe...

Thank you so much!  :)

You're welcome! :) I'm glad you liked my blog :)