Monthly expense in Dubai...

Hi All,

I recently got a job in Dubai. Can anybody help me regarding monthly expenses for a single person;

Rent:     
Food:
Taxi/Metro:
Internet:
Misc:

If you're asking....you can't afford it!

I dont think so... anyways thanks for ur time :)

in Dubai you can limit your total expense even to AED:1000/- per month, its all depends on you lifestyle and place you choose to live!

nabeeljamshed wrote:

Hi All,

I recently got a job in Dubai. Can anybody help me regarding monthly expenses for a single person;

Rent:     
Food:
Taxi/Metro:
Internet:
Misc:

Thanks blesson :)

It's an impossible question to answer because it depends on so many things. Some people live here on a salary of Dh600 a month, others spend that on one meal in a five star hotel.

Rent depends entirely on what you want - some people bed share, others live ten to a room while others live in large luxury villas.

The same applies to food. You can buy a meal in a small local Indian restaurant for five dirhams or you can spend hundreds in an upmarket restaurant.

Taxis are metered with Dh3 flagfall and Dh1.71 per kilometre. Minimum fare is Dh10.

Metro fares depend on how many zones you travel. One zone is Dh2.50 five zones is Dh6.50. Details on http://dubaimetro.eu/tickets-card

agree with seabee it all depends on ur lifestyle and what u r in dubai to do and ur plans

Seabee wrote:

It's an impossible question to answer because it depends on so many things. Some people live here on a salary of Dh600 a month, others spend that on one meal in a five star hotel.

Rent depends entirely on what you want - some people bed share, others live ten to a room while others live in large luxury villas.

The same applies to food. You can buy a meal in a small local Indian restaurant for five dirhams or you can spend hundreds in an upmarket restaurant.

Taxis are metered with Dh3 flagfall and Dh1.71 per kilometre. Minimum fare is Dh10.

Metro fares depend on how many zones you travel. One zone is Dh2.50 five zones is Dh6.50. Details on http://dubaimetro.eu/tickets-card

:top: perfect information me and Tati (wife) will use it :)

nabeeljamshed wrote:

Hi All,

Rent:     
Food:
Taxi/Metro:
Internet:
Misc:

Ill try :)

First of all congrats. GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!

ok RENT SUCKS its better if you are acccomodated. HOWeVER you can live in MIrdiff its far but the shorooq homes ARE BEAUTIFUL we were blessed there for a month but then had to move due to other reasons. rent is 35-40 000 you can pay them every 6 months.

Food: well we are a family of four and my mother would cook everyday. Regular healthy food with rice. She would spend 3000 per month (shamppooo+toothpaste+etc) included.

Taxi: IS CHEAP! but u can rent a simplest car like yaris toyota for 2000 dirhams per month. however u can own a car for 2000 dirhams a month-a matter of preference. my mom prefers to buy I prefer to rent. its difficult for me to maintain it. I rather have someone do it for me :P

Internet: depending on where u live u can get simple usb net for 300-400 a month. My brother prefered getting it installed for 400 per month. the usb one was better for me because I could connect in the car during my free periods etc. :)

movies: 30 dirham
burger king menu: 25 dirham
units depending on how much u babble: 100 per month should be enough if u dont waste
gym: 16000 for men, 8000 for women how cool is that LOL
baskin robins: 10dirham per scoop
frappo: 25 dirham
1 hour ice skatiing: 30 dirham
dinning at sheraton: 150 dirham each night is differetn...chinese, italian, iranian,etc :) special resturants 300-400 (like labenese rest--MAGNIFICENT TASTE!must try)
dinning out on a boat (cruise)- it can vary from 300-1000dirhams

u can take education courses LOL Im considering masters but its 27000 dollars lol dont have that much :P and I dont know how serious I am about that :)

thats right on top of my head....if u have anything be sure to ask :)

PS- if your salary is 10 000 and ur accomodated ull do fine, but if ur not accomodated GOODLUCK!

I HUGE ADVICE: lets say you come down here work for a year and find a different job. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE EMPLOYER but they give bad reference and refuse to give NOC (NO objection LeTTeR)no matter how great uve worked. My friends went through that trouble SO MUCH! so u need be careful and ReALLLY have good relations and find and extremely convincing reason to why you are leaving...your new boss will always look for someone with an NOC!

another huge advice: lol i forgot it slipt Ill comeback and edit once I rememebr :P

Thanks for the detailed response... :)

I hope this would be really helpful...

I remembered few more things about rent.

Rents in international city are really low and can be monthly.  They are about 3500-4500 per month. The conditions of the room is not the best unfortunatly. International city is not too close though far like mirdiff city, but the rooms are just right, compaq.

About transportation until you get a valid driving licence, you can use a bus but ull probably need to get on two buses however ur card will give u a free ride if u reach ur second transportation within 45 min.

one thing about opening accounts of any sort like bank, telephone,etc is that you can never close them. They tell you yes its closed but then you get another extra at the end of the month. So you should save such documents that prove you ve reached an agreement.

As I told you we lived in mirdif city for a month and we had a contract for a whole year, when we had to leave my father settled the problem and we were not responsible of any payments. After few months later we came back home and these mirdiff guys start calling so that we make our "monthly payment" keep in mind we have returned the key God knows that they ve even got new tenants. Anyways each month my dad has to fax the agreement that he luckily did not throw away.

Last but not least like this document DO NOT give a blank check no matter what you ll be responsible of it even if uve settled an agreement.

For another rent my father had to go to court again luckily if it werent for the agreement that he hadnt thrown away I dont know what would have happened..
bowling 30 dirham

heres another freaky story, I went to the bank once there was a local telling the lady that he had closed his bank account 10 years ago. Why did he recieve an SMS that he owed the bank 10 000 dirhams.

------I FELT LIKE STH HIT ME  you know COMPLEETE SHOCKERS------

these things are in the hands of the indians so beware..

goodluck...becareful in what you do and enjoy the beauties of UAE :)

BAA_BAAintheDunes wrote:

its true :one

Rent: min- 500 and max 1200
Food: 300-400
Taxi/Metro:280 if you opt pass
Internet: 200
Misc: depends upon you min 300

@ pushpa322 > It is just to inform you that this thread is old (2011) But thank you for your contribution ! The information that you just gave us may help the other members. ;):idontagree:

Priscilla

BAA_BAAintheDunes wrote:

Precisely . . .

that sound correct

Hi,
I'm Aamir  aged 33 yrs single/ bachelor from Hyd (TS) "INDIA", due to some financial crisis burdens n some debts i didnt got married yet,  i do not have any bad habits at all  like drinking alcohol, living materialistic lavish life etc...,  except one rarely smoking habit,  recently i got a job as a business development executive ( Sales & Marketing ),  Indian company who is having a branch office in dubai offered me a salary of AED 2500, plus AED150 Mobile Allowance, plus company's sharing accomodation,  plus transportation on job(duty),  thats it.  rest other expenses like food and medical has to be taken care by myself,  however for small minor illness fever etc., would be taken care by my company as they said to me in interview, there wont be any medical insurance for 1st year, 2nd year onwards medical insurance would be available. Anywayz the bottom line is i want to know
1). How much does it cost for average food per person per month in dubai (UAE) ?
2). If  purchased lumsum monthly food package  from indian restaurant in dubai either for 3 times food brkfast,lunch,dinner how much does it cost  per person ?
3). If purchased only 2 Times food from restaurant/ hotel then how much does it cost ?
4). If purchased groceries and cooked food  by our ownself  then how much does it cost  per person per month ?

The above question's is for normal average  middle class living, Please friends  / readers  kindly advice me the right correct   guidance  u may email me  mister _ aamir  atthe rate  yahoo dot  com , waiting for ur replies ! Thanks.

Try the App Sallety for oruces in supermarkets of goods

Try www.numbeo.com

Hi ....i m ramsey
Is 2000 AED sufficient??
I got a job in dubai and they are offering me 2000AED +accomodation+transportation cost.....
So how much can i save????
Luking for your help guys???

that is a tremndous helpful information recieved from you BAA_BAAintheDunes