I am looking for russian restruant or small market .

I am looking for Russian restaurant or store for food in Bahrain? if anyone know please let me know ))

There is a place called Amazon Russian at Mirador Hotel in Bahrain. Just going by the name of the restaurant, they must serve some Russian cuisine. But I am not sure. Details are here: http://www.clickbahrain.com/clickbahrai … .asp?ID=26

Thank you very much , I am going to try to call them

Good luck. The page I linked to was a bit dated, so I'm not sure if they still do exist.

Thank you

I finally found the Russian resturant is not the best but at least something :)

egarti wrote:

I finally found the Russian resturant is not the best but at least something :)

Please share the details!
Thanks.

Sure , the restaurant called  Russian restaurant , location inside phoenicia hotel  in Manama.

Thanks for this information, egarti.

Stakan - our next lunch meeting at this place. What say??

Farhaz wrote:

Thanks for this information, egarti.

Stakan - our next lunch meeting at this place. What say??

Sure - let's do it!

Can you get any Russian sweets in Bahrain? What about "Doctorskaya" ?

I've definitely never seen ""Doctorskaya" here. It is largely pork so that makes it pretty much a no-no. And it is a bit specific to anyone not from Russia so it isn't mainstream enough to be in the shops that do carry pork. That said, I have seen some more or less acceptable substitutes at Alosra in the Non-Muslim room.

By Russian sweets do you mean like "Красный Октябрь" and other such candies? If so, they might exist but I've never come across them.

Thanks Stakan, in Dubai you can get Doctorskaya in the majority of the supermarkets with the pork section... So I'm just being hopeful 😋. We can also get pryanic, zefir and sushki here... So I better enjoy it while I can.

There are a number of Russians here, but not nearly as many as Dubai. Maybe someone else will let us know where we can find Doctorskaya here in Bahrain though. I've just never seen it myself.

There are substitutes or "equivalents" for pryanic, zefir and sushki here. I've just never found the same as you would get in Russia. Again, maybe someone else will post that they know where to find them and I just never knew. Let's hope!