Moving to Agadir

Salam and hi everybody,

My husband and I plan to make the big move to Agadir this year. We and our two kids live in Germany at the moment. My husband is an architect and would like to try out new things in Morocco. Since we both have Moroccan roots, the culture shock wouldn't be a big thing to us :-) My main concerns are the schools for the kids (5 and 7) and the job situation. Although he has many job offers and plans to eventually open his own office, I wonder if work places are stable.

Also, is it easy to make new friends there? I would like to also have German and English speaking people around us, so that the kids don't forget those languages.

Thanks for any input! :-)

Hi Franfurt,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Salaam,

Good luck for the big move.
I moved to Morocco with my husband in October. We moved from London left our jobs,once we got here, we found it difficult to find a job because we could'nt speak French or Arabic, we ended up opening a business.
Jobs are hard to find, but thats all around Europe.

Good luck.

Shazia

Would be nice to meet up sometime.
What part of Agadir do you live in, guessing its a restaurant or hospitality sort of business.

Hi,

Where are you from in Birmingham?
I live in Hai Salaam,in Agadir.

Are you living in Agadir?
It will be great meeting upsometime.

Shazia

Nice my wife lives on citi Salam right nearby.

I'm from hall green, I don't live in Agadir.

Hello ,

Do we can meet sometimes .

I am Moroccan and i just back from UAE where i was living there .

I do speak arabic , French , English & little bit German .

My contact no : 06 31 4226 71

Thank you

Roukia

Salaam Shaziya

Was it easy to start up a business? Ive heard theres alot of red tape and its difficult.
How do you go about acquiring a Patente number?

Zak, It is not easy, but if there is anything which can be done - it can be done :)
I live in Agadir, I do not speak French or Arabic and I started business - so it is possible ;)

Excellent. Glad to hear you done it! I want to move to agadir but after speaking to friends and reading internet it sounds all confusing. Can u give me some basic steps on how to acquire a patent number? What do I do? I want to open an Indian take away!

Please PLEASE come here and open an Indian takeaway! I'm American and I really miss Indian food! :D Also if you have time, a Mexican restaurant would be nice as well! Haha :D

There is one on the promenade already. Over priced though

Hi :)

What kind of business do you run in Agadir? I'm an American living here since 2010 and I like to visit places run by expats. :D

~Jaime

Hi, My wife and I are both English and have an apartment in Agadir, (Hassan ll).  We are moving to Agadir for a year, late Sept 2015.  If you are still in Agadir then, we would be happy to met up over a coffee. 
Best wishes
Doug & Hazel

What are you doing with your apartment until then? Are you renting it out? I know an expat that's looking for an apartment to  rent...

Yes, I currently have a long term let. They have been in the apartment for just over a year and will continue to rent until Aug 31st. Thank you for the enquiry though.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid copy paste posting