Marriage in Ghana

I have a few questions about marriage in Ghana. My Ghanaian boyfriend and I are engaged and we would like to get married later this year in Ghana (probably in November) at the Registrar General.
However, I can't find information about the laws that regulate marriage in Ghana (rights & duties etc), do you know where I can find more information?
I would like to get married with separation of goods. Do you know if it's possible to get such a marriage contract in Ghana? Are there any kind of notary or judicial services in Ghana who treat such contracts?
I read that if you get married with a Ghanaian you can get a residence permit. How does this work?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Getting married is not a problem if you have your passport and he has the necessary documents - his passport will do. You can go to the registry office and complete the forms and then you get married the next day. That's what we did anyway. I'm sure you can draw up some form of legal agreement. My husband and I bought our house together and then drew up an agreement that we had notarised which I hope will be enough. You might want to get a lawyer involved.
You will be able to get a residents permit after you get married but it doesn't allow you to work here. The initial one is for one year and then after that you can get them for longer - my last one was for three years and my next one will be my indefinite visa which will allow me to work. You will also need an ID card which has to be renewed every year and is necessary if you want to open a bank account or get a drivers licence etc.
Good luck with everything

Thanks a lot for your feedback, hkann! Do you know a lawyer in Accra that I can trust for this kind of questions?

No, sorry. I hope someone can help you

Wow... Interesting. I've heard/read that the process to get married is a bit more complicated, as in a two week waiting period. I'm relieved that your experience is much simpler.  :D

Things can change in Ghana as we got married in 2010 and did it in two days - it could be different now so hope someone has more up-to-date information.

That's understandable. I will continue checking. Thanks.