Opening a small business abroad

Hello,

I'm 32 years old from Israel and I consider starting a small business abroad. There are however, a few obstacles :

1. My budget is extremely small - only $3000. Yet I want to try and work with this budget. I believe there are some countries in which this amount of money can be relevant.

2. I will only be able to open this business in a country that allows foreigners to open businesses, and without high budget criteria that some countries have.

I thought about many options, like buying an existing small business in Asia / Africa (could be a food stall or a small shop), or even simply joining a current business as a partner.

I should say that I also considered the possibility of immigrating to another country for reasons of cost of living, but before I do that, it's important for me to have a stable income that is independent in my location. I currently unfortunately do not have a degree. I have some programming knowledge but not enough to build on it for living. For this reason, opening a (very) small business abroad seems to me like the right step to take. I'm looking for information about countries where opening such a business would be realistic, in terms of the right to do so and the required investment.

Any suggestions or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello Expat32

Migrating to another country may be a very tedious task, and for foreigners to open a business in another country, there are many formalities that makes this very difficult.

I invite you to Click on Destinations above and Browse by Zone to where you would like to go live.

Once on the forum of the country you wish to live in and work, lets say for example Philippines,

You click on the Guide, and choose section Work to gather infos.

3000 dollar will not get you far to be completely realistic.

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you very much for your answer, Kenjee.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR