Is there High speed internet available in Abidjan?

Hi, My name is Vaishakh and I plan on shifting to Abidjan. I have pretty much searched everything about Abidjan through out the internet but I wasn't able to find anything about internet services. I require a net connection of at least 2MBPS can you guys please recommend me some internet providers.

hi vaishakh,
did you shift to abidjan and can you recommend a internet provider?

thanks and brgds

vaishakh menon wrote:

Hi, My name is Vaishakh and I plan on shifting to Abidjan. I have pretty much searched everything about Abidjan through out the internet but I wasn't able to find anything about internet services. I require a net connection of at least 2MBPS can you guys please recommend me some internet providers.

Yes I did and the best internet provider over here is Orange/ Cote D'Ivoire Telecom. Only they provide unlimited internet at 8mbps for 45000 CFA or you can also try 1 mbps for 25000 CFA. In addition to this you will have to pay up for their Livebox (Router)

Many thanks Vaishakh. How much does the router cost and how long does it take aprox. to get everything going?
Do you know anything about customs? I plan to bring my little motorbike, a honda rebell 250 but the customs site isn't a help.
brds

The router cost is around 45000 CFA and it will be installed within 5 working days depending on your locality. Also for the moto I don't think it should be a big problem just you will have to approach the Clearing agent at your place and pay the duty for it which depends on how much you are going to declare your bike
For Ex: If you declare you bike is for $2000 then you would have to pay around $500-$1000 for its duty

thanks so much.
is your router still working?