Presentation of members in Bogota

Hello and welcome on Expat.com!

We invite the new members in Bogota and surroundings to present themselves in this discussion :)

Are you living here since some time or did you just arrive?

What brought you to Bogota? What passionates you, do you have hobbies?

Thanks for your presentation and see you soon on expat-blog!

hey, guys....john ferguson - currently boca raton, florida resident - classroom teacher nearing retirement - looking at opportunites, financials, etc. involved in living in bogota.
married to a colombian girl - her family resides there in the north part of town
i've been coming to bogota for many years.  there's some kind of attraction there that gives me the feelng that it might be a good fit, i.e., strong family bonds,the climate, cost of living, etc.
i'm planning a summer visit for a month or so.  maybe i can do some volunteer work if i can be of use.  my spanish is below basic. that's my 2nd objective; to learn spanish through the total immersion process.
i enjoy reading the masters of russian literature, love to listen to grateful dead jams, pretty much just attempt to enjoy life's experiences as the cards are dealt to me.

Hi John, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your presentation. I wish you good luck and do not hesitate to participate in the Bogota forum.
:)
All the best,
Christine

Hi all

My name is Johanna, my husband is from england we have been living in Bogota since March 2011.

Bogota is an easy place to live definitely better than Qatar.
we love house party, cooking,camping,ski, fishing, kite surf and 4x4 adventure.

We have a young daughter and two crazy Weimaraners that we love so much

thanks to all.;)

Hi, my name is Melissa, and I just moved to Bogota yesterday! I'm going to be here for a couple of months on vacation. I love history and am looking forward to getting to know this city!

Wellcome to Colombia, Melissa!

I am Mathang, 29-year-old journalist from Bangalore, India.
I teach international journalism and also volunteer for a Foundation here. I am single so I do not live with my family here.
Been here for 5 months now and love it. Love parties, travelling and meeting new people. Cheers guys

Hi!
I'm Pauline from France. I just moved to bogota after spent one year in USA.
I will stay in bogota for a couples of months. I'm looking to meet people and get friend. Im out going and love discover new things!
I actually speak English and French and I'm going to take spanish classes because I think I need it for here :p
Bye!

Hi Pauline Welcome to Bogota
hope you are enjoying the sunny days here, it have been lovely so far.
well take care if you need any advise you are more than welcome to ask

Kind regards
Joana

Thank you joana!
I just would ask you the best way that you could advice me to meet people because I'm here with my boyfriend but he is working the all day and I don't know anybody... The other fact is that I don't speak Spanish but only French and English.
Thank you :)

Hi Everyone!

Moved here a few years ago for a Master's program and ended up staying in this beautiful country. Look forward to hear of the experiences others have had!!

:D

Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself on a larger scale. My name is Danny and I moved here from Manchester, England just over 4 months ago. I know one or two people on this forum already but, I look forward to meeting more...

Hi everyone,

I've been living and working here for just under a year now -- my Spanish is coming along slowly! I find that the InterNations website is a great organization for organizing social networking functions here in Bogota -- there's one this weekend in fact. Because Bogota is so large, people I meet are spread across the city, but if you're anywhere near Cedritos, it would be great to meet up for a drink.

Natalya

Hey everyone,

Have been coming to Bogota for many years and finally call it home!

Looking forward to sharing experiences with those of you on the forum.

Hi everyone, my name is Howard and I moved to Bogotá last Sunday from near Bristol.  Its been quite a change for me to move here as I have only ever lived in England and Wales.  My wife Heather has also lived in the UK and USA.  I'm still dealing with the basic requirements of living here and getting through the bureaucratic systems.  I have at least secured a permanent Visa and my cedula is on the way.  I am living in Dardenelo- look out for me on my bicycle.  I am convinced that I stand out like a foreigner even though random people are always assuming I speak fluent Spanish- I don't even speak fluent English yet.

Hi
Welcome to bogota, you've arrived to a great place to ride your bike
every sunday and bank holidays bogota  close many roads so people can enjoy riding their bike, roller skate or just walking the dog .

once again welcome.

I am from Bogota originally but have been living abroad for 2 years (Belgium and Slovakia). I will be back in october for 2 months, so if someone fancy to go out for a drink or some food just let me know :)

Welcome to Colombia, all! :cheers:

Hi All,

I will be going to Colombia this month end.

I will be staying there for a month in Bogota in a nice apartment. My main interest in business but I am open to discuss all other possibilities to pass time, party or go for sight seeing.

Please contact me if you are interested to join me.

Nitin

Hi Andreita0782 & nitinlembhe21,

I will invite you to please post in the latest discussion here for better visibility ---> New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi!  welcome to Colombia!

Hi Pauline!

I don't know what part of Bogota you're in, I'm a bit outside, but I know there are some groups on Meetup.com for newcomers to the city. I think there might even be some French-speaking groups.
Just thought I'd share in case it's of any use to you. I've been dying to go to some, but it's kind of a pain to get out there from my area.

Best wishes!

Jennifer

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jennifer. I'm from the U.S., and have been living in what (I believe) is called La Sabana (area outside Bogota including Chia, Cajica, & Zipaquira) for a couple of months now.

I am actually 1/2 Colombian, and 1/2 Ecuadorian (both parents and pretty much their entire families emigrated to the U.S. in the 60s) so I was considering both, but Colombia got the upper hand on me. I originally was thinking Medellin, since it seemed more affordable than Bogota, and seemed to have a bigger expat population, but I was bewitched by Bogota, and compromised by choosing an area in the suburbs. Now I see all you peeps in Medellin and am wishing I had picked there instead! Well, my lease is until next year, so I guess I will just have to relax till then...

If there are any expats that somehow also found their way out to this area, I would love to hear from you!

Bogotá is a great place and if you are not alteady a member, I suggest joing InterNations.org, a very active expats organization with communities in Bogotá and Medellin. Also, a fun thing to do in Bogotá is every Tuesday 5-9 at "La Villa" a bar that sponsors language exchange called "Gringo Tuesdays". Enjoy!

How fun! Thanks for that tip Plimsol. Unless I get a car though, it's  a bit tough to get to Bogota. (Walk, then Buseta, then Transmilenio, then Taxi/Uber...) Being from the city that inspired the song "Walking in L.A.? Nobody walks in L.A.!" lol, it's a bit overwhelming. I have to go next week though, so maybe it'll seem easier this time.