Looking for any kind of employment in Kampala

Hey All!
I'm desperate to get back to Uganda. I just came back from there before Christmas after spending almost four months there, and I fell in love with everything Uganda!
That said, I'm searching high and low for some kind of employment there. A couple of conditions are that I am currently paying back student loans on a monthly basis, so I have to find something that will make sense for me to live and work in a place where the exchange rate is so much less than Canadian currency.
In terms of my qualifications, I am working on securing my degree in Liberal Studies (there's been some issue with one my credits...but it should be sorted out soon...I hope!), and I have a ton of administrative experience. I also volunteered in Kampala at Reach Out Mbuya HIV?/AIDS Initiative in the counselling department during my four month stay.
Anyway, if anyone knows of anything, preferably in Kampala, but I would be willing to work elsewhere in Uganda, I would be so grateful! I know this could be a long shot, but I'm using every resource I have!
Thanks so much!
Tina

Welcome on board Tina,

For opportunities in Kampala, you can also tried your luck by posting an advert on the Jobs section of Kampala Classifieds. Else, you can also try to apply via job portals like:
1. Uganda jobs
2. Job Mart

Hey,

It would be nice to be a little specific with what you want to do, what you know, or what you can do... Most people will take you for your knowledge, or previous experiences... Good luck!

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!

Thanks Joseph!
My professional experience is mainly in adminstration and office managing. To name a few, I've held positions as Office Manager for a telecommunications subcontractor, and I've also worked as a Booking Clerk at a busy Toronto hospital CT Clinic. Otherwise, the rest of my experience has been mainly customer service related.
Honestly, I can do anything. I work anywhere with anyone. I'm extremely flexible and adaptable and learn very quickly. Once I've learned a new skill or task, it is my goal to perform that skill or task to the very best of my ability every time.
Sooo...yeah, that's what I've done, and that's what I can do. Hopefully that gets me a few more bites!
Thank you again for the tip :)
Tina

Hey,

You are most welcome! When are you planning to come to Uganda? Do you already know any people down here? If anything keep it on the post, or keep in touch. All the best...

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!

Hi. I run a consultancy company that develops the skills of NGO staff in Uganda and elsewhere to successfully secure funding from Donors and Foundations. We are seeking administrative, marketing, promotion and front of house staff for our training events and Conferences. I would be interested in seeing your CV and the type of salary you are seeking. Regards, David Blakemore.

Hello David Blakemore and welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread is old (2011).
Could you please post your job offer in the Jobs in Kampala section?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everyone,
this is Muyombya Martin, i hope to be helped, i'm looking for a job in IT related field but most particularly networking. I have a bachelors degree in computer applications from shobhit university India which i completed last year but never worked any where, currently I'm studying CCNA (cisco course) at Makerere university. I'm confident of my productivity towards any project, anyone with available opportunity could please help and alert me on the following contacts;

mob : 0705223808 / 0779676638
email : [email protected]

Thanks to everyone may God bless you.

Muyombya Martin

Aurélie wrote:

Hello and welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread is old (2011).
Could you please post your job offer in the Jobs in Kampala section?

Thank you,
Aurélie

:)

Hi Tina,look out to foreign service.

Hello Tina, happy to meet your query, am Ahairwe Buce from Kampala and a gospel Artist,
according to what you want,i cant tell you that when you reach here you will not get a paying job immediately, but we can try NGO's though some times they take this thing of citizenship, but if you reach here and we try to find for jobs in NGOs, and some other organizations, may be God can help us find some thing, but as you mentioned  about the Dollar rate here, shillings is so much poor against the dollar, so expect that.
how long have you been in Canada and how long are you going to stay in Uganda?
any way, i will be there to help where possible, you can always approach me whenever you want.
these are my contacts:
AHAIRWE BRUCE
[email protected]
Facebook page:
facebook.com/pages/D-Bruce-Ahairwe/375466959241643
looking foward to hearing from you. Bless.

Hi,am looking for job  bt in a field of IT ,working with computer .pls contact me on [email protected]

@ sweetnie > Please post your CV here : IT & Telecommunications jobs in Kampala section.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi there,

I'm sort of at a stuck right now and would like to ask if you can help me if the right answers I am looking for.
I was once with a NGO but resigned and my work permit has expired so I left to go back to Canada. I plan on going back to Uganda because my wife and child-to-be are both there but my only option is to buy myself time in remaining in Uganda and at the same time sustaining my family, until my status changes to citizenship (3 years).
Would you happen to know of any other NGOs that are hiring international employees? I was once a computer technician and studied three years at George Brown College with an Advanced Diploma and have four years customer service/technical support experience. If you don't know any NGOs, do you know of any organizations/companies in Uganda that would allow me to work for them yet also obtain a work permit with them?
Please let me know as soon as you find out, thanks.

@skwan. Have you looked at UN for work. Check out their website.

I will work at any kind of job that my employer provides me with i don't limit jobs even if am good at computer issues.please anyone who has an opportunity of a job for me, i promise you won't be disappointed. Thank u. GOD BLESS YOU

i need any job with in Uganda please if any email me thank you

lubuuka ivan wrote:

i need any job with in Uganda please if any email me thank you

Please check the jobs section at the top of this page for work. You can also place your CV there too.