Meet people, go out in Tegucigalpa

Hi I'm very borred in Tegucigalpa because I'm just living in the Hondurian family and never go out; I wish I had friends with whom I could go out, better if you can speack spanish.
I would like to dance latino, I read about the tropical port disco and would like to try it ones. SO, if someone is interested to meet other expats for friendship don't hesitate to answer.

Saludos,

In case you come to Tegucigalpa, you need a city map or youll get lost! You can buy them at several places. At Mall Multiplaza at a stora called Metromedia, at the airport on the souvenir shops on the second floor and outise at the internet cafe. These maps also have San Pedro Sula and Honduras. Saludos

Yes I know Teguz is so complicated ^^ You know I have lived 2 years in here and still don't understand the city. But if I go out I was thinking to take taxis because they know the city. I don't like to take taxi alone but choose not to live with fear.

Get a map and use company taxis that have cell phone numbers to go pick you up. But beware of overpricing! If you get the map, youll know how far you are going...

Hi,  I just want to say.  I can agree with you 100% that we cannot always live life been scared or with fear.  But....In Tegucigalpa you've to be EXTRA careful.  Especially using the Taxis.  I'm Native from Honduras but I've lived in the States 45 years, and don't travel on the regular taxis.  I prefer to pay a little bit more and use the (RADIO-TAXI).  They bring more safety to move around the city with.

Please be extra careful.  And don't just trust anyone.

Maria Alpina

How about as simple as anywhere you have ever lived. I'm
Not justifying calling a "big" taxi company... But if you want to travel look as do simply as a company that works at any airport in Hinduras. They have a name for themselves and want business $$$.  They can take care of you. Now... It's up to YOU if you think the ride is too high.

I agree.  All we need is to feel some safety while we ride to where we need to go.

But Indeed.....In Tegucigalpa, we all need to be very alert when we go places.

I am from Tegucigalpa and recommend that you negotiate well with taxi drivers. They tend to overcharge. A trip across the whole city should cost no more than 100-150 lempiras or 5 to 7.5 dollars. That is across the city. A short 10 min drive should cost 60 to 80 lempiras or 3 to 4 dollars.
Taxi drivers are the same everywhere. One tried to over charge me in Germany but didnt get what he wanted which was way too high, because I am from Tegucigalpa!

Hi,  I'm also from Honduras....I feel so bad when I see a person from another Country with no experience nor knowledge about the danger there is in the big city.  Thanks for your advice and information.

Maria Alpina

Yes I compare the taxi with "el collectivo" that to cross the city ask just for 15 lps. The difference is huge.
For been blond chela, taxis always try to rob me but I just cannot pay so much money. It's not an option. When in the airport they ask for 200 LPs for a 5 min drive it's so abusive,,, I never accept and search another solution. The airport is the worst place because they don't negociate and the only option is to go out and look for a "normal" taxi that is not part of the club... But yes to travel in central America is very tiring. Each step someone try to get your money.