New to Jeddah; English, where should I live with kids?

Help! I have accepted a teaching job in Jeddah near King Khalid Road on the road to Mecca. Do I need to live and send my kids to school near there? The English school is at the other side of town; will it take ages in traffic to get there? Also, how likely is it that I will fins nice accommodation and school places for the coming autumn? Any advice much appreciated!

you can phone the school and find out approximately the time it would take in travel. accommodation depends on your package

Thanks for the response; I just get an accommodation allowance and have to find it myself. Anyone have any idea which compounds are nice in that south part of the city?

smarf wrote:

Help! I have accepted a teaching job in Jeddah near King Khalid Road on the road to Mecca. Do I need to live and send my kids to school near there? The English school is at the other side of town; will it take ages in traffic to get there? Also, how likely is it that I will fins nice accommodation and school places for the coming autumn? Any advice much appreciated!

Hello, its not that bad and it doesn't takes ages. People send their kids from Makkah 70 kms away to schools in Jeddah.

Compounds may have waiting lists.

If I am right as to where your university is it takes me about 30min or more depending on the time of day to get down there & I am around 20 min SE of the British school (again all depending on traffic).

Are school fees & tuition & transportation to school included in your package? Depending on your salary a lot of it will go to these items. Double check the school's website for prices bisj.com   same with American school aisj.edu.sa

Also in general did they give you a transportation allowance? You will not be allowed to drive so you have to figure in taxi costs to get anywhere including the grocery store.