Grade 1 schooling child age

Dear,
My son completed his KG2 in an internation school in Jubail. Now he supposed to join grade 1 from September 2015. But i got a notice from his school is that the kids born after 26th Jan 2010 are not permitted to get admission in the grade1 for 2015 year class.

Any one has more idea about this and any school they permit to get grade 1 for my sone(his date of birth is 11Feb2010)

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I am sorry to tell you that your only option is for your son to re-do KG2. The age-restriction decision is enforced by MOE on all schools - no exception. I had the same problem with my son. Initially he was accepted into KG2 and then the school has moved him to redo KG1. There is nothing we can do about this unless a new decision comes from MOE in the coming period before the start of the new academic year. there are some parents who are planning to compain to MOE regarding this. lets hope for the best. but personally, I think the decision will be enforced no matter what.

Since your son will probably will not go to G1, I suggest for you to find some different schooling environment to avoid him getting bored. For example, look for schools with more activities. or a school that uses the Montessori system.

Best Regards

Thanks for your valuablie reply. But i could see in indian Embassy school kids where were born on March 2010, got admission for Level 1 during this accademic year (From April).

if you have any idea please clarify.

Regards,

As far as I know, the decisions of MOE only applies to local schools ( government / private national / international ) - but not on other schools like embassy schools  ( indian school / British International School / American International School ) etc.

so I think there is no harm if you try to apply for Level 1 at Indian Embassy School. I think the decision does not apply to them.

Regards,

As recieved an informaiton from the school  is that latest rule has been published for kids level 1 in 2015 will be given up to 26 April 2010.