In Turkey, can Foreign students do on-campus jobs?

Any legal ways for students to supplement their income?
We can't do odd jobs, we can't ask for grants, but are FOREIGN students allowed to do the on-campus jobs, like Teacher Assistant, pc chores in library etc.

Well, its depend on your university. Like in my University, we have many kind of job opportunities for international students.

Rezafizh wrote:

Well, its depend on your university. Like in my University, we have many kind of job opportunities for international students.

I see- so there is no blanket rule for the on-campus jobs, while there is a country-wide ban for off-campus jobs.

What's your university?

yeah it is. But its also competitive with other students in ure univ.  I'm Istanbul Sehir Universitesi.

I see. The uni Im applying (Bilgi) doesn't allow foreign students to do on-campus jobs. Maybe I should look for freelance jobs like online writing.

Please, could you tell me the living expenses for student in Istanbul. I mean there are so many estimates, but wish to know from someone's personal experience. I will be taking a dormitory  (the one with 2-3 students)

hmm may be. because as far as i know bilgi is profit university. May be its also influenced on the students. Its depend. if you do not mind, u can visit "Need Accommodation Help in Istanbul" post. It was posted by your brother from Pakistan. I was talking about extremely cheap accommodation there. I hope it would help u.

That really helped bro.

If you don't mind, please add me on Facebook: [email protected]

I want to have many queries resolved :P

Done. Insya allah i will help you as much as i can :) . Enjoy Istanbul hehe

how much can an international student earn in istanbul. how much is the living cost.

Hi olaide qudus,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should maybe browse through those discussions regarding Cost of living in Istanbul please it might be helpful ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

How much is living and food expences in Istanbul for students

please send me a request to my skyp: engdaoda     so that we can comunicate
thanks

hi friends, i am thinking to go in turkey for study. can any one tell me that do they give us part time jobs or we have to search ourselves? how much can we earn in one month??

Try searching the jobs section or ask around the university.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-east/turkey/

Though, it is nearly impossible to find a job here if you do not speak the local language. That is the first main barrier.

janamlama wrote:

hi friends, i am thinking to go in turkey for study. can any one tell me that do they give us part time jobs or we have to search ourselves. how much can we earn in one month??

I saw you posted this reply 4 years ago. I will enroll into Istanbul bilgi university this year's fall, so have you found a way international students can work in Istanbul or has there been no change ?