Can asian student find a job in amsterdam?

can any one help me ?? i am going amsterdam for my bachelor programme. i need to know that can asian student find a job in amsterdam?? i know some dutch language. and hav 3 years experience in sales assistant .  what do u recommend to do?>

Hi Dinkel!

In theory, you can find a job here. The practical problem is finding an employer who is willing to sponsors you. I think it is the most difficult problem to solve. Did you try to google "sales jobs in the Netherlands"? In any case, all I can recommend you is highlighting your best qualities and skills in your cover letter, when you apply for a job and then... Cross your fingers! You can also put an advert on the job section of this forum and, again, list your strongest qualities. Tell the employers why they should hire you and show all your motivation. Then is up to your luck. Hope yours one is better than the mine one...

Bye, bye!
Licia

stay positive and don't be disheartened. if no luck  in holland then try the uk as it is not the end of the world.

hi Dinkel, you could work at a few places like restaurants or mcdonalds or indian or nepali restaurants i suppose. try to learn the basic dutch language and also i think you could work on campus at your university but make sure first as i am not sure.

dinkel wrote:

can any one help me ?? i am going amsterdam for my bachelor programme. i need to know that can asian student find a job in amsterdam?? i know some dutch language. and hav 3 years experience in sales assistant .  what do u recommend to do?>

As you coming to the Netherlands to study you are not allowed to work fulltime because the main reason is to study.
But, just like any other students you can have a part time job for max 10 hours a week. Otherwise you employer should arrange a work permit and change your study visa. If you get caught, you get in deep trouble.

Hi mdcruz!

I tried to look for something also in the UK, but I found only scams. Fortunately, they didn't managed to cheat me, because I caught them immediately.
In any case, by this time I'm disheartened. I've already understood that there is no place for me. And I don't mind about the country because for me the situation would be the same, anywhere. If knew it, I stayed in my f... Italy! I wouldn't have a job also there, but I would be close to my family.
So, I decided that I won't do the next choice for my (inexistent) career... If I decide to stay here, I'll do it for my boyfriend... If I decide to go back to Italy, I'll do it for my family.
Anyway, many thanks for incouraging me.

Bye, bye!
Licia

Hi dinkel,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Amsterdam forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: