Moving to Durres September 2014

Congratulations to you and a good luck in the challenge to fit with a people different from that of your native country.

I am also interested in ACD how it is working out after it's first full year and what life is like living there. I have applied for the next school year.

Hi, Xbeckeex!
I live in Durres since September 2014 too and I am a coach in the field of youth activism and human rights. It will be great if we can meet one day :)
Best wishes!
Iana

Hi,

I may be applying to the same school, Albanian College.  How was your year in Durres. Thoughts?  I know little to nothing about Albania.  Probably the most important question is 1800-2400 Euro going to allow me to have "massive saving"?

MB

Durres is a super quiet town in the winter since it's not the tourist season.  I have both loved and hated being here because sometimes I get bored, but most of the time I wake up and see the ocean and it's perfect. 

As for massive savings...YES. The cost of living is super cheap and I have saved a good amount being on a much smaller pay scale this year with the school.

It's going well.  We have our ups and downs with opening a new school, but I have enjoyed the year thus far.  I have also learned that I don't like writing policies! Durres is really quiet in the winter and nice and touristy the rest of the year.  Right now we are in the rainy season, but when I arrived in September, it was absolutely beautiful.  Check out the website.  There is a video about teachers and soon there will be an awesome drone video. 

Like I said, if you are okay with a quiet life, good wine, great Italian food and some pretty cool Albanian kids, then Durres is for you.

I am thinking of applying for a science position starting in fall. Sounds like it will be a wild experience.

acnewteachers.weebly.com

I agree, Albania has a lot to offer but only to those that can immerse themselves in the Albanian culture - open your heart and eyes and you will find a lot of good things and lovely people here.  Yes there is poverty but London has plenty of beggars on the streets and the back streets are hidden out of sight out of mind and certainly most foreigners dont go to or see.......I have been living 15mins drive from Durres and visit the town in the summer and during the winter - great to eat fresh fish in the sun on a winters day - or a lazy walk with the dogs on the beach........and thats not even mentioning the mountains.   I love Albania and also interested for when my son is ready for school looking at the college in Durres.  Ladies if you would like to meet for a drink and chat to swop stories etc then im game.

Hi,
I am Aristea and I have applied to ACD. Still there? I have been to different International Schools and I have been to Africa as well... what do you think of this school?

Thanks

Hi there!

I just received a request for candidate information, to become the University/Career Counselor at ACD. I am really excited about this opportunity, please tell me how things are going, and if you wouldn't mind, please also share any advice/suggestions you might have, about both Durres and ACD. Much appreciation!  :)

Congratulation

Don't worry. It would be magnificent. It is a great job and you will enjoy working with Albaner.
You only will need to learn Albanian language.

Best wishes for You

Hi

Did you move to Durrea. If so I live in Tirana and would love to meet up.

Lisa

@ Rina1287 > This topic is quite old.

I suggest you to create a new thread on the Albania forum and to ask your questions. It will be easier for you to communicate with members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers: