Want to move Athens - Is 815euro enough to live there?

Hi everyone,
I live in Istanbul and about to move Athens but before I want to know some information about it.  Can someone say me that 815 Euros (net)  is enough to live in there without any help?

Many thanks,

Hello. The amount is fair enough but you must be careful with housing.That means rent, electricity and heating bills. Depending on the area of the city you choose and the apartment, rents can be from 250-500 for a two room apartment.Electricity is another bill.The power is not so high priced but all the taxes they put in the bill can make it around 50-90 euros but that is due every 2 months. Transportation is great you can go everywhere in the city with 1.20 or 30 euros for the monthly transportation ticket. Food in restaurants is not really cheap so do not think about eating out every day, you will be cooking on that budget! :)  Overall I think it would be possible considering that many locals live with lower budgets than that!

Hello milospi,

Thank you for your reply. 2 room apartment is too many, Im thinking to rent an apartment 1 bedroom ör sharing room most probably in city center and try to keep each spending in low. Yes Im a good cook :) hence want to prepare my own meal also could be go out stuffs sometimes. :)
So what do you think by this conditions?

[Moderated : Please do not slide  :offtopic: ]

Hi,

I think that would be just fair.
The area you are going to live in would be the main concern to you. I don't advise you to share; Studio or one bedroom apart will be fine.
You need to consider alternatives for heating since with that budget u should forget to use heating oil, it is so expensive here!
(something funny: I paid 1500 euro/ 2 months just for heating oil last year when I first came!!).
As stated above, I agree you shouldn't eat out. Let that be rare till you get used with Athens.

Cheers,

congratulation,how long you want ti stay in greece.only Athens city is very cheep.the greek island is very expanciv.after all one and half month you can stay in athens

Hello Turuncu;
I have same question. I get an offer I guess same company :)
I am thinking of enough or not. Did you move to Athens ? Do you have any advice for me ? :)
Thank you.

hi there.. am living and working in athens... is that to include your accommodation cost... if so i think that is not enough!

stevechadwickinathens wrote:

hi there.. am living and working in athens... is that to include your accommodation cost... if so i think that is not enough!

Hi Steve,

The OP was some years ago, so you may not get a response. :)

it s fine with what  you are sayin. depends on life style well but u might even safe few EUR ..