Been reading Morocco, i am thinking about living here

Hello, everyone

i am new to this forum. Have been reading Morocco, i am thinking about living here her a while to soak up the sun, the spice, and everything in between. :|
Anyone can tell emwhat it takes for a Canadian or an American live here for a year or indefinitely?mwhat paper works does it need?

Morocco is definitely an exotic place; but like anywhere else on earth, it has its pros and cons. One thing you wanna make sure to bring with you is your own money and to learn how to save on it while living in Morocco (don't rely on opportunities here. Yet, don't worry; there are all kinds of living standards here. You just need to be walked through life here and meanwhile to forget a little about your old "spoiled" lifestyle... Once in Rome, we do like Romans do, isn't it?). You might find a decent job here which might grant you the residency status, but it's not that easy to find one in the first place, like you got used to in the USA. One piece of advice I would give you, though, before you come over here is to find a trustworthy and kind person to walk you through the intricacies of the society. It's really essential in a typical environment like this one (where both the traditional and the modern merge and separate); believe me, it'll save you a bunch of hassles and pennies (forget about your life mode of thinking while living in Morocco. For instance, something here might be both impossible and possible to fulfill at the same time!!?... It's not a riddle; you just need to know the right turn or person to approach). By the way, the social capital here is very rewarding. Bear in mind, no culture can be measured in terms of two colors (black & white), but every culture is different and relative. It really takes time to adapt to a new way of life that doesn't have a written code or clear patterns. If you don't manage to get residency through employment in Morocco, you'll be considered as a tourist. Every 3 months you'll need to go to the nearest border to get your passport stamped and come back (e.g. Spanish territories in the north: Ceuta, Melilla or Strait of Gibraltar near Tangier). As far as VISA is considered, you don't need one in order to visit Morocco. Your American/Canadian passport is enough. Good Luck with your new journey and exploration of people and hidden secrets of Morocco...  ;)

Thank you, Soulmann

Anytime, Morocca!

Morocca wrote:

Hello, everyone

i am new to this forum. Have been reading Morocco, i am thinking about living here her a while to soak up the sun, the spice, and everything in between. :|
Anyone can tell emwhat it takes for a Canadian or an American live here for a year or indefinitely?mwhat paper works does it need?

Don't forget there is a huge difference between reading about the country, and visiting, and actually living. It's a lot harder than people imagine. I've known quite a number of people who enjoyed their time during visits, so decided to move there, and ended up moving back, as it didn't work out as they were hoping. Do your research, read about the experience of others who were in your situation, so you know exactly what you are getting into, and can be well prepared.

Hi Morocca,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

We created a new thread as from your post on the Morocco Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Re: English speaking in Agadir/ social gathering
Hi im julia from Stoke on Trent, England  I'm thinking of moving to agadir next year I would love to join in... I'm in agadir in July, sept, November 2015 and looking to move to agadir next year....

Quick question about visas... If I'm aiming to work but not got a job before I move over what visa would I get and how much money would it cost??

"One piece of advice I would give you, though, before you come over here is to find a trustworthy and kind person to walk you through the intricacies of the society"

Well good luck with that one!

TariqTaz wrote:

"One piece of advice I would give you, though, before you come over here is to find a trustworthy and kind person to walk you through the intricacies of the society"

Well good luck with that one!

Lol, your posts always give me a chuckle.  :D